Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not anticipating getting rid of my Wrangler JK Willys anytime soon but I'm debating on whether or not I should get the OEM HT again (had one initially) to go along with my TT NX. My thought is that the OEM HT may not be available much longer due to the JL and now would be the time to get one if I were to do so. I like the Toplift Pro (especially now that I've hit 60 and my wife is just behind me) so that would help with storage as well as ease of removal (I need to find a video that shows how easy it is to put back on though). 4WP is having their no sales tax weekend and I can pick it up locally.

Thoughts on whether having a HT makes it easier to sell/trade in the future versus an aftermarket ST?

·
Registered
172 Posts
If you don’t plan on regularly using it, I wouldn’t get the hard top.
I think they will be available for quite some time and I am pretty sure they are not that big of a resale factor.
I can’t believe you can recoup the cost at resale and doubt it would sell that much quicker.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Check the values for used JK in your area, compare ST vs HT and see if it will be worth it.

·
Registered
4 Jeep family
297 Posts
Quite a few used HT available used. Almost a must in Northern climates.

Reactions: WillB
1 - 4 of 4 Posts