Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Say hello to Betty Blue. 2015 Hydro Blue Sport S. Options are in my signature. Got a great deal and couldn't pass her up. Just picked her up on Friday and spent the whole weekend driving around. Even found a little bit of dirt and got her dirty already.

List of mods I'm going to start with:

- Upgrade the speakers to the Kicker 77Kick10s
- Add an amp and powered sub to the stock 130 head unit (if it's possible)
- Either Grabars or the velcro grab handles
- Rubber floor mats
- Door sill guards
- Locking fuel door
- Jeep spare tire cover
- Locking storage box
- Mopar side steps or metal rails with steps
- Seat covers
- AntennaX short antenna
- MORE dead pedal
- Rugged Ridge rear brake light protectors
- Grill insert to protect the radiator
- Rampage locking hood latches

I think that's it for now. "It's OK if I go broke as long as my Jeep looks good!"

When I picked her up

When I got her home for the first time

And finally topless!

One More - Her badass big brother to the left

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IMO, it's the best color they offer right now. It is beautiful in person. Cell phone pictures don't do it justice. You will love it.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:thumb: very nice!

Now we need a pic with no doors :D
I have no idea how to take the doors off. Maybe I will tackle that next weekend. I'm still learning how to put the top up and down. Ha!

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great location for a topless Jeep! It definitely looks great.
Thank you! It's going to be a long hot summer but I'm looking forward to next winter when things cool down a bit. Now I just need some places to get her dirty. :happyyes:

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
First mod is done. I added the Mopar "Jeep" door sill guards from eBay. It was very simple and inexpensive but I like it and hope it will protect the paint. I wish it protected the part of the sill just under the door. My shoe keeps hitting it when I get in and out. I've had to wipe off a few scuff marks already. You can see what I mean from the pics.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
After my first off-road experience this past weekend, I'm now addicted. I went online and bought some stuff. I have a LOT of things on my "build wish list" but I started with these things.

- Rugged Ridge All Terrain Floor Liners (Got mud and sand everywhere these should help)
- Rugged Ridge Grab Handles
- Rugged Ridge Rear Tail Light Guards (Don't really need them but they look cool)
- Rugged Ridge Front Light Guards (Same as above)
- Kicker speaker upgrade kit (two pairs, for the soundbar and dash)

Next purchases will likely be a CB, recovery kit, hood lock, gas cover and side steps/rails.

Pretty excited to get all my stuff. I'll report back later with install pics.

·
Registered
84 Posts
After my first off-road experience this past weekend, I'm now addicted. I went online and bought some stuff. I have a LOT of things on my "build wish list" but I started with these things.

- Rugged Ridge All Terrain Floor Liners (Got mud and sand everywhere these should help)
- Rugged Ridge Rear Tail Light Guards (Don't really need them but they look cool)

Next purchases will likely be a CB, recovery kit, hood lock, gas cover and side steps/rails.

Good Start! Love the Color. :punk:

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you!! Yes, I love Hydro. It really shines nice when all cleaned up.I wasn't going to buy a Wrangler unless it was Hydro. There are just so many cool and fun things you can do with a Jeep. I don't remember being this excited about a car since my '97 Eclipse GSX.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

So I just received by box of goodies from ExtremeTerrain.com. I was excited to open it up and get to work. First up, install the floor mats and grab handles.

I took out the carpet floor mats and installed the new Rugged Ridge mats. I'm very disappointed in how poorly they fit. They do not fit properly due to a bad design. There are gaps on the left side and at the back towards the seat. They do not fit snugly against the edges nor do they reach back to the seat. There is a big gap. These were supposed to catch all the dirt and sand so it wouldn't end up on the floor. These are junk and will be returned. I have pics and will post them later. I do not recommend them. I guess I'll have to get the Mopar slush mats.

Now for the Rugged Ridge grab handles. Easy to install good Velcro mounting system. Except that when I get in and put any weight on them they stretch down over two inches. I understand they need to have some "give" but they do not seem very strong and should not have so much flex in them. They are basically useless for assisting in and out of the Jeep. Each time i put weight on them they feel like they will break. Once again very disappointed and these will likely be returned as well.

I still have to install the front and rear light guards but it got dark so I'll wait until morning. I really hope not all Rugged Ridge products are so disappointing. So far my experience with them is their stuff is not well made. Will report back again after I install the light guards. :(

·
Registered
304 Posts
OMG that is too funny. I have almost the exact same combo. 2015 Sunset Orange JK with a 2014 Estoril Blue S4.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I have the 2015 Willys JKU in Anvil and a 2013 S4 in Glacier White.:beerdrinking:

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OMG that is too funny. I have almost the exact same combo. 2015 Sunset Orange JK with a 2014 Estoril Blue S4.
I have the 2015 Willys JKU in Anvil and a 2013 S4 in Glacier White.:beerdrinking:
Love my S4! It's my second one and I might go get a '16 when they become available. I don't think I'll wait for the B9. I also have the panda interior which is really cool. I'll post a pic for you guys below. Sepang is my favorite S4 color and I couldn't get one back in '13 so I settled for Estoril. But I basically got the Sepang color in my Jeep. Hydro Blue is very similar. I'm happy. :)

So here are some pics of the floor mats and how they don't fit. Bought from ExtremeTerrain.com and they are taking them back.

The mat is not contoured properly and is too short. It doesn't fill the space enough to keep sand and dirt from getting onto the floor. That's the whole point of the floor mat.

This probably got bent during shipping but still...

Why do they have a weird roundish cutout? Plus they are about an inch too short as you can see.

For my S4 friends (Yea, I know this is a Jeep forum but it's my thread so....)

Cell phone pics... not the best.

Panda interior w/Alcantara

1 - 20 of 58 Posts