Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,401 Posts
That is why I have a SPOT Trace device on my Wrangler. A few years back I had to be in San Diego for two weeks. My Jeep friend told me that you want to have a tracking device on your Jeep for this very reason. I still have it working today and love the features.

·
Premium Member
3,401 Posts
Well shoot, have to be there for a few weeks. Guess I'll price out brand new replacements while I wait.
One thing you might seriously consider is the Mopar Hood lock. Most of these thefts involve popping the hood and using a 9V to disable and unlock the Jeep. If they can't get in the hood they move on to the next Jeep.

I put the Mopar Hood lock on mine and love it.

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Hood Lock PLUS yellow Club bar

Thanks for heads up . I heard about these vile thieves a year ago , and I certainly don't want my jeep to end up in mex . I installed the Tuffy Hood Lock , PLUS a bright yellow Club bar across my steering wheel . I am also thinking of chaining it to a pole , BUT I might forget and drive off whilst still chained ; it would be a pity to damage the city's pole . :bop:

·
Registered
595 Posts
San Diego Jeeps were targeted in 2011 as well.

86 Wranglers were stolen within 2 months in SD County.
I sent Ironmatt85 a private message as I remember you posted the video of his Jeep being stolen. Wonder if it's the same guys?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Done, But Not Mopar's Version.

We'll be adding a few more security options over the next couple of months.
Tuffy doesn't provide a rubber all weather cover / protector? that lock would be toast in no time here in PA. the price difference between that and the MOPAR one though is definitely worth DIY'ing a cover. I think the easiest would be to get a magnetized thimbal-shaped cup and put on a rubber coating on the lip edge

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't think it matters where you live. I had my 2014 firecracker red unlimited rubicon stolen from Montreal airport in April.
On my birthday. Happy birthday to me.

Thank god I had replacement insurance on it. Still dealing with the insurance for all the accessories I had on it.
I will be installing a lock on the hood on the new one.

·
Super Moderator
10,607 Posts
Did you downsize to one Jeep as well? I'd like to get out of here in a few years.

Yes, I did. And enjoying having only one Jeep.

With the proceeds from the sale of my LA area 1100 sq ft 2-br condo, 1 block from the ocean, I purchased a 1600 sq ft 3-br single home in a 12000 sq ft lot 2 blocks from the Lake Whatcom, here in northern WA.

Drivers are slow, but people are super nice. Everything is within a 10 minute drive. I leave my front door unlocked.

The housing market is nuts, but I still recommend it. Life's too short.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Gang using a Mexican jeep dealer to order replacement keys. These days, all you need is a VIN number? Welcome to the future of GTA

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Yes, I did. And enjoying having only one Jeep.

With the proceeds from the sale of my LA area 1100 sq ft 2-br condo, 1 block from the ocean, I purchased a 1600 sq ft 3-br single home in a 12000 sq ft lot 2 blocks from the Lake Whatcom, here in northern WA.

Drivers are slow, but people are super nice. Everything is within a 10 minute drive. I leave my front door unlocked.

The housing market is nuts, but I still recommend it. Life's too short.
Congrats! Lake Whatcom is beautiful!

I miss Bellingham... Is your new home in Sudden Valley?

Btw, I used to have a place on Emerald Lake Way, overlooking Emerald Lake (Toad Lake). I'm sure you know that area...

1 - 20 of 67 Posts