Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello family!! Well i have a 07 wrangler rubicon 4x4 and have a P0305 code. I have replaced the plugs and ignition coil. Immediately upon doing that my mpg began to do a countdown. It went as low as .8 mpg back to 30mpg and settled around 24. The check engine lighy is on now. Unsure how to fix this. Can someone please help me, this is first jeep and maybe my last if these are the issues I will have ro deal with. Only been jeep.owner few short months.

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
I would move the # 5 plug to the #4 or whatever plug location and see if the code changes. If not, then do the same with the coil. If the code doesn't change, then it's one of the other items on the list.

Even new plugs and coils can be bad.

Possible causes
Faulty spark plug 5
Clogged or faulty fuel injector 5
Faulty ignition coil 5
Fuel injector 5 harness is open or shorted
Fuel injector 5 circuit poor electrical connection
Ignition coil 5 harness is open or shorted
Ignition coil 5 circuit poor electrical connection
Insufficient cylinder 5 compression
Incorrect fuel pressure
Intake air leak

·
Super Moderator
7,627 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. @allikanbe gave some good advice. I would suggest pulling codes again and see if the same code is present, and if any other codes appear, then report back. It is not uncommon to get a defective part right out of the box, or have a problem with the injector itself.

·
Registered
286 Posts
You said the code was still there but you didn't really say if it is running bad.
Sometimes codes won't clear right away. I would use a scanner to clear it and see if it comes back.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Buying/owning a used 07` will have issues, so if your this inpatient about hands on with a jeep, only after a couple months, this might not be the best vehicle for you. Plus 24MPG is very good mileage for a 2007 Rubicon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts