Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Mine were very good on snowy roads, considering that they were 35x12.50s. They were decent for snow wheeling too. They seemed to float right over top instead of sinking and getting stuck. The only other all terrain that can compare is the Duratrac, but they don't seem to last as long. The BFG is an excellent choice for an all-around tire.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Mine were terrible in snow. I ran General AT2s (also interlocked tread) and they were not good either. The interlocked tread holds onto the snow and won't release it...which caused the tires to "push" going into turns on snow packed roads. I hated them in the snow.

My opinion is to go with a tire that has an AT pattern but it also a ribbed pattern. Cooper AT3, Firestone AT, Toyo AT would be some examples if snow is your concern.

Deep snow offroad...that's a different animal. Some prefer tires that will hold onto the snow. Some prefer tires that'll dig in and bite. Guess it depends on just how deep of snow you're talking about.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I had three sets of BFG AT's on a 4wd Nissan Hardbody truck and got about 45k each set. I had one set of the 31" BFG AT's on my Jeep that were worn out at less than 30k rotations every 5k and the wheels in alignment. Can't say how they handle in the snow, but did hydroplane when they were pretty worn.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts