Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '15 JKUR and I am at about 11K miles. Recently I noticed that the tires were making more noise than ever before, much more. I look and saw that the were wearing much more in the front tire than the back. Inside and outside of the tires. The back tires had much better tread wear

I moved them to the back and as I expected the road noise shifted to the back.

My steering seems to be dead on and I have no reason to expect a front end alignment issues.

Has anyone seen this? Is it common with these tires?

Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Rotation on mud terrain is very important. Rotate in the spare to get 20% more life. (My first post never posted?....Sorry if it does later and this is redundant ) Every oil change is a good wa uh to remember.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
In 11K miles there should have been at least 2 rotations. Front tires will normally wear sooner than the rears. Do more frequent rotations up until they have to be replaced.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Mine were rotated every oil change. Those mud terrains got louder and louder. I hated them the last 10,000 miles luckily they wouldn't pass inspection at 40k miles so I got All Terrains and it's like driving a Cadillac now.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I've had a couple sets of BFG MTs over the years and I must saw I wasn't impressed with how the KM2s were wearing on my last Jeep.
On the '16 that's on it's way I think I'm going to try Duratracs. Seems like a lot of people like them..

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I always heard rotation was 7500, but either way I missed it too. One of those things. Look up and you have put it off too long. I think I may go the BF Goodrich A/T direction. This road noise is pretty loud.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts