Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one tire with a sidewall puncture and went looking for a replacement today only to find out there are on national backorder.
Called several places locally and checked on line too.
One place I talked to said they haven't been made since Sept of last year.
They told me likely they will become available early next year.
Kinda sucks as they are a nice fit on a 99 TJ Sport with a 3.73 Dana 44
Does anyone know something different?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Depending on where you are located i have 4 used BFG AT KO's with about 45% tread left

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
well I went ahead and stepped up to 33's and alloys in the KO and with 4.10's. I believe in my area I could have gotten away with 3.73 (with the exception of weekend getaways to the mountains).

There are plenty of 33's around. just a thought

another is a lot of folks swear by the Goodyear Duratrac's and the 33's run smaller towards 32's. I have never had good luck from Goodyear and the reason I stayed with BF G...

·
Knows a couple things...
49,125 Posts
BFG's KO, KM, and KM2 series are well known for their soft & easy to cut sidewalls which is why I stopped using them after three sets of them and switched to the Goodyear MT/R. I just had too many sliced BFG AT and MT sidewalls. Goodyear's MT/R has a kevlar reinforced sidewall which has a darned near bulletproof/cut-proof sidewwall. I'm on my third set of MT/Rs now, and my first set of the newer kevlar-reinforced MT/Rs. The ONLY other tire that would be an alternative for me to the MT/R would be BFG's Krawler which is another nearly cut-proof tire. But after three sets of BFG's KM and KO tires, I'll never go back to them... their sidewalls just don't hold up to sharp rocks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses,
Located in SoCal, so shipping would kill any benefit, but thanks.
This is for my sister's 99TJ, her fronts are about 40% worn and the rears are due. She has an unworn spare that is 2 yrs old which I put on the rear and was looking to get one more for the other rear. I could use the worn rear for a spare.
Jerry, I agree about the MTR's with Kevlar. I have a set on my 04 Rubi and like them. Maybe she will spend the dough for a set later.
I am trying to keep her cost down for now.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Those tires I have aren't even worth shipping to SoCal. Sorry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts