Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been searching for these tires and just received a call back from Discount Tires and they are saying no production scheduled until 2014! :facepalm:

If anyone has a source for 32" x 11.5" x 15 let me know!

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Rather than backordering them, they need to discontinue them altogether. The 1970s are over.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WX I have been reading a lot of reviews on this forum over the past couple days and it seems you have nothing good to say about anything!

When I look at reviews I throw out the overly positive and overly negative ones and use the middle. Your will fall in the overly negative comments and be discarded.

But thanks for helping the averages!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I am looking at these tires as options any feedback on them or a preference?

Falken - Rocky Mountain ATS
Yokohama - Geolander A/T-S

Jeep is used 80% city/highway 20% other

Thanks

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
WX I have been reading a lot of reviews on this forum over the past couple days and it seems you have nothing good to say about anything!

When I look at reviews I throw out the overly positive and overly negative ones and use the middle. Your will fall in the overly negative comments and be discarded.

But thanks for helping the averages!
Maybe that's because I've personally used more tires than anybody on this forum. :dance: Don't you want experience?

And for the record...the only tires I trash talk are the BFGs and Falkens. There are far more great tires I've used. Toyos, Coopers, Firestones, Treadwrights, etc. etc. Heck, I'm even loving these Goodyears.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I ran into the same problem with the BFGs. I have been running BFG AT's on various vehicles for about 15 years. I went with the General Grabbers and Im loving them so far.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
The BFG's suck when they get old. That being said i have experience with both the Falkens and the Geolanders. The Geolanders were a nice tire very similar to the Falkens but were only a 2ply sidewall. Kinda scary going wheeling with a 2ply sidewall.

I won a set of Rocky Mountain ATS at EJS this year. :) I seriously think they are the best tire A/T tire you can get (Not because i got them for free). They are extremely quiet, ride smooth, 3 ply sidewall, nice soft compound for grip, and wear very well. The tread pattern is a tad more agressive than the Geolanders. They honestly make me wish Falken made a M/T tire!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Moabrubi said:
The BFG's suck when they get old. That being said i have experience with both the Falkens and the Geolanders. The Geolanders were a nice tire very similar to the Falkens but were only a 2ply sidewall. Kinda scary going wheeling with a 2ply sidewall.

I won a set of Rocky Mountain ATS at EJS this year. :) I seriously think they are the best tire A/T tire you can get (Not because i got them for free). They are extremely quiet, ride smooth, 3 ply sidewall, nice soft compound for grip, and wear very well. The tread pattern is a tad more agressive than the Geolanders. They honestly make me wish Falken made a M/T tire!
I think I saw a video of you on you tube with the Falkens! The Falkens wear ok on the highway and did you notice any unusual odor from them?

I am not overly concerned about the sidewall thickness, most off roading for me will be trails and tracks.

These two tires are about the only AT left in a 32" tire. Plenty of choices in MT or 31/33"

Thanks for sharing this helps!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WXman said:
Maybe that's because I've personally used more tires than anybody on this forum. :dance: Don't you want experience?

And for the record...the only tires I trash talk are the BFGs and Falkens. There are far more great tires I've used. Toyos, Coopers, Firestones, Treadwrights, etc. etc. Heck, I'm even loving these Goodyears.
WX,
In your experienced opinion then what is the best AT tire that is available in 32 x 11.5 x 15?
And why would you consider it the best?

I look forward to your answer

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I think I saw a video of you on you tube with the Falkens! The Falkens wear ok on the highway and did you notice any unusual odor from them?

I am not overly concerned about the sidewall thickness, most off roading for me will be trails and tracks.

These two tires are about the only AT left in a 32" tire. Plenty of choices in MT or 31/33"

Thanks for sharing this helps!
No video of me on Falkens. They are on the mallcrawler Jeep that gets wheeled only a few times a year. The one that gets used has Cooper STT's.

Unusual odor? well i'll go sniff them and tell ya :D Just kidding haven't smelled anything unusual.

If your just doing trails where your not concerned about sidewall thickness, and the trails aren't really muddy. You'll benefit more from an A/T in the wear and gas mileage departments.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
WX,
In your experienced opinion then what is the best AT tire that is available in 32 x 11.5 x 15?
And why would you consider it the best?

I look forward to your answer
32x11.50 and has to be an AT? Then the Yokohama is probably your best bet. It's got slightly more rugged construction than competing ATs and it's a good tire for rain and snow. It's also very quiet and has low rolling resistance (better fuel economy).

·
Registered
112 Posts
Check the General Grabber AT2. Its almost identical to the BFG All Terrain TA / KO. Cleat tread, rated to 60,000 miles. They can handle studs for winter driving. They are cheaper too.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
WRH said:
Check the General Grabber AT2. Its almost identical to the BFG All Terrain TA / KO. Cleat tread, rated to 60,000 miles. They can handle studs for winter driving. They are cheaper too.
Except that they get rock hard and completely suck when it's wet. Great tire for treadlife. For traction not so much.

·
Registered
923 Posts
man no BFG love! lol jk

My dealer threw a new set on for free when I got my Jeep (you know they had to be cheap), they are ok all around off road good for gravel, dirt, no mud though.

Well I can ride on these freebee's until I save up and get what I want. Prob Dick Cepeks since my spare is a DC, guess thats what the PO used.

·
Registered
571 Posts
:rofl:

Thats what I thought when I read WX's review of the Falken Rocky Mts. He called it the worst tires he's had on his jeep. I guess if anything, he's got strong opinions based on his personal experiences.

I went ahead and got the Falkens. I have to say, so far I'm glad I did not heed WXman's negative comments. The Rocky Mt's are really smooth and quiet on the road. I have no balancing issues on my set. They perform outstanding in the rain and water puddles which is important for me since it rains here a lot. So far, I've taken them on a few trails, and over some small boulders. They can hold their own. The only negative I can think of is, I prefer the looks of the Hankook dynapro and Cooper STT, but the Falkens weren't as expensive as those.

BTW, they come in P rated(2ply sidewall) and LT(3ply sidewall). I got the LTs which were $70 more a tire. Gas mileage seems to have improved, which I find strange since they weigh about 54Lbs each. The P rated ones are 43Lbs each.

·
Registered
112 Posts
There's a lot of bias from forum members about tires. Tires have different characteristics. Not everybody has the same requirement.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts