Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys currently running 33 duratracs and looking to go to a 35 once I do my regear. I have no complaints what so ever about the duratracs other that I can see they won't last too long but after 10k miles they still look new. I was looking at the ko2 they seem to get great reviews but have not read much about them on here. Looking to go to a 17" rim but not opposed keeping my 15" wheels but I know they don't make a 35 to fit a 15 yet. So if anyone has any info for or against them if apreciate it. 90% of my offroad is beach and a trip or two a year to rausch creek on easy trails no rock crawling, rest of the time it's my dd and I see a decent amount of snow in the winter

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts
Will be doing the same thing when my 33s wear out. 23K miles on them and still lots of tread. It may be a while as it looks like I got another 30K miles of rubber left. I am going to 17" wheels just so I can upgrade to a big brake kit. Why is it you want to go to the BFG KO2?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will be doing the same thing when my 33s wear out. 23K miles on them and still lots of tread. It may be a while as it looks like I got another 30K miles of rubber left. I am going to 17" wheels just so I can upgrade to a big brake kit. Why is it you want to go to the BFG KO2?
They seem like a good fit for me, there alittle less aggressive then the duratracs but I herd they last twice as long but like you I may wait till these were out before I go up, unless I found someone to buy them. but I'm just more curious about them then anything

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
There are other AT choices for your 15" wheels if you wanna try something else than the duratrac. I've run 35s on 15s with BFG ATs, BFG KM2s, GY MTR/Kevlars. All have been great. The MTR had some wicked balancing issues but this is really a per tire experience.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are other AT choices for your 15" wheels if you wanna try something else than the duratrac. I've run 35s on 15s with BFG ATs, BFG KM2s, GY MTR/Kevlars. All have been great. The MTR had some wicked balancing issues but this is really a per tire experience.
It's the snow that worries me as much as I like the look of a mt it's just not practical

·
Registered
265 Posts
If your experiencing a decent amount of snow then I HIGHLY recommend the KO2. I live in Canada and I've got the KO2's on my rubicon, we got 74cm of snow 2 days ago and the rubi took me right to work. Amazing snow tires.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
The KOs have long been one of the longest lasting tires available due to the rubber compound and to some degree the tread. I don't expect the KO2s to last quite as long due to the conversion to the slightly higher void ratio which should address the KO main weakness (hydroplaning) but if the compound is similar they should have an above average tread life. BFG has been good over the years in understanding offroaders and how to leverage their tread designs.

Depending on why type of terrain you choose the two tires may be a toss up.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The KOs have long been one of the longest lasting tires available due to the rubber compound and to some degree the tread. I don't expect the KO2s to last quite as long due to the conversion to the slightly higher void ratio which should address the KO main weakness (hydroplaning) but if the compound is similar they should have an above average tread life. BFG has been good over the years in understanding offroaders and how to leverage their tread designs.

Depending on why type of terrain you choose the two tires may be a toss up.
Mostly beach, the duratracs handle fine but didn't know the ko had a hydroplainning problem . The roads here do flood out bad when it rains so that can be a problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts