Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I have to shelf the deal I was doing on the Kawasaki motorcycle. Hate it. But!, a local guy here has a set of BFG M/T's, brand new, never mounted, 33x12.5x15's he has to sell for 500 bucks. I think I'm going to pick them up instead.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
do it! what a great tire. my buddy ran them over a number of years on like 3 different rigs and just got rid of them not too long ago. $500 is a great deal.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I saw some at the local dealer with them. I probably would buy them from a shop since I seem to remember then running like 180 or 190 each, but this guy paid 700 from a catalog and ended up getting rid of the truck he was putting them on. He's been trying to sell them for a couple months for 600 with no luck. Finally dropped them to 500 so I figured why not.

·
I luv bourbonz!
3,105 Posts
That's an awesome deal! I'm running the BFG MTs on mine and love them. They came highly recommended from someone on thier second set with over 30k miles on them and PLENTY of tread left. That along with the off road performance of these sold me.

...but I paid more than that for my 31s.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Another plus is that i will sell the 31's I have now locally and get a good bit of money back. I love Capitalism. Or I'll just keep them for commuting.

·
Registered
261 Posts
yesss do it thats good deal i love mine havent failed me yet

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
i loved the BFG MTSs for many years. but after they added this lip (they say that it should protect the rim, but thats b.s.) to them they are really horrible. because of that thing mud or sand comes between the rim and the tire very easy and that causes loosing air. (only off the road with lowered tire pressure).

take a look at the yokohama MT p.e. it doesn´t have this stupid lip:

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Haha, I guess you could always just blast the mud/sand out with a hose. Anyway, my cousin has a Bronco on 35" BFG muds and they have tons of tread. He's gonna trade em for my 33's and a bit of $$. Glad you all like em', it makes me feel a little better about my deal since I love my Pro Comp's but need 35's.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i loved the BFG MTSs for many years. but after they added this lip (they say that it should protect the rim, but thats b.s.) to them they are really horrible. because of that thing mud or sand comes between the rim and the tire very easy and that causes loosing air. (only off the road with lowered tire pressure).

take a look at the yokohama MT p.e. it doesn´t have this stupid lip:
Good point. I have the black Craigers with the simulated bead lock which has a bigger lip. That's why I was hoping I could eventually get the BFG's so it would utilize the extra rim material. We'll see what happens

1 - 12 of 12 Posts