Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Yep, I've had mine two weeks now. Been very happy with the on road performance, quietness and lack of vibration so far.

·
Registered
844 Posts
They look good. I would like to know how they are in the snow.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Wouldn't we all. So anyone have them on that has already had snow? Probably not.

I'm either getting the KO2s or the General Grabbers.

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
The KO2 was just introduced and is available in limited sizes currently but it is based on the venerable KO that has long been one of the most popular AT tires. It is a hybrid AT/MT designed to compete directly with the Duratrac which has become extremely popular. The shoulders of the tread are more aggressive similar to an MT and BFG claims the sidewalls are tougher.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I'd hoped we had snow yesterday, but the weatherman was wrong once again, dry roads :(

They did very good in the heavy rain and standing water I went through last Sunday but alas haven't hit mud or snow yet.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
From what I've seen, the KO2 is more expensive, comes in fewer sizes and is much heavier than the KO or the Duratrac. I was excited to see another hybrid like the Duratrac on the market but I think BFG missed the mark. The KO2 fails where the Duratrac succeeds, at least on paper. Tougher sidewalls are nice but for the 95% DD with occasional and moderate off roading, the Duratrac sidewalls are good to go and help save weight. If you do more serious offroading, the KM2's are preferable anyway.

Just my opinion but my excitement has been tempered. And, if it can't do snow or mud, like the KO can't, what's the point? I guess we'll see.

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
From what I've seen, the KO2 is more expensive, comes in fewer sizes and is much heavier than the KO or the Duratrac. I was excited to see another hybrid like the Duratrac on the market but I think BFG missed the mark. The KO2 fails where the Duratrac succeeds, at least on paper. Tougher sidewalls are nice but for the 95% DD with occasional and moderate off roading, the Duratrac sidewalls are good to go and help save weight. If you do more serious offroading, the KM2's are preferable anyway.

Just my opinion but my excitement has been tempered. And, if it can't do snow or mud, like the KO can't, what's the point? I guess we'll see.
I am currently happily rolling on my third set of KM2s but having owned several sets in the past of KOs, if the tread life of the KO2 even comes close to the KO, the KO2 will easily outlast two sets of KM2s and the fuel burned by the additional weight will be compensated by the reduced rolling resistance. They are both great tires but they are also two different tires.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts

I prefer my AT KO's to my Duratracs in the snow, and I have more confidence in the, holding up to abuse too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts