Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought some mud terrains for my 14 JKU last night and installed them. They came off a rubicon and they were already balanced and such. Stock size as well. They have 8000km on them. So I drove the jeep this morning and besides the road noise which I had expected... I have a vibration as well. At highway speeds that is.
Now I had stock tires before this and I could feel everything in my old YJ. So I don't have a comparison. It's not a horrible vibration, I've had worse. But the wheel shakes a bit. Is this just due to the aggressive tires? Or should I have them balanced??? Thanks for any advice.

·
Premium Member
3,520 Posts
A highway speed vibration is normally caused by the balancing, get them checked and rebalanced and you should be fine.

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
Usually shops balance tires upon installation, but if they weren't balanced you should start there. Otherwise, it may just be the stiffer sidewalls and higher void tread can create a bumpy (vibrating) ride. Lower the air pressure moderately (30+ PSI)can help.

·
Registered
134 Posts
They should not vibrate, that is not normal. I had those as stock on my jeep and other than noise they rode great. I have the same tires now but 35" and they ride smooth, loud as hell but no vibration even with beadlock rims. Either one is out of round or out of balance.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts

·
RETIRED MODERATER
36,003 Posts
The Rubicon factory tires, which I have, will give you some minimal noise, but they should not vibrate!!!!!!!!!

You either have a defective tire, or they need to be re-balanced. Most of the time, it's a balance issue!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts