Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 JK unlimited 3.6L

Im adding a sound system upgrade( new HU, subs, 1200.1 amp, speaker upgrade, whole 9 yards).Heard about this big 3 wire upgrade that would help with a system like mine short of getting a bigger alternator. Read through tons of forum posts, Youtube vids ect, and i think i get the general idea but would like to make sure. I understand running wire from battery+ to alternator but im not 100% sure about the grounds. So, the pic with the ground coming out of the firewall goes to the engine block, i replace that one correct? Then the other pic shows what looks like the 2 grounds coming off the -post of battery running to the block, those also? The problem there is i dont see any way to get them replaced easily. Can i ground them anywhere on the block or does it have to be in that same spot? Lastly, i've seen where a -wire from battery ground is added to alternator bolt,yes?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
This is something that I’ve casually researched but never really thought hard about or actually done but my understanding was the ground from the battery negative to the block is usually accomplished by using the alternator mounting bolt since it bolts to the block and is usually fairly accessible.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts