Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just took a big trip with my yj 95 2.5 last weekend and made it back safely.... kept driving it for about 5 days. One day, I opened the door and it STANK... I looked down at the passenger side floor and there was a huge puddle of green liquid.

I'm almost certain it's the coolant although I've never heard of it smelling so bad. A friend of mine told me it maybe because it passed through the cabin air filter which could contain a lot of mess if it hadn't been changed for a while that caused the smell. After cleaning up the puddle, I turned on the motor and there it goes dripping pretty fast. I've read that if this is the case, my heater core is most likely the one leaking and how hard of a job it is to replace it.

If I'm going to bypass the heater core instead of replacing it, would I still have to remove the entire dash? PLEASE HELP.

:whistling: New owner trying not to get frustrated after already having to replace the starter and both front rotors. haven't been able to lift it yet!!!!!

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
No just look in the engine bayy you have two hoses coming of the heater core at the firewall. One goes to the intake and one goes to the thermostat housing Take the on from the themrostat housing off at the firewall remove the toher hose completely. Now take the hose fro the thermostat housing firewall end and connect to the intake. Fix the heater core when you get time and $$$.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK that sounds simple enough. would I need an extra piece of hose to intercept back to the intake?

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
No just reroute the one at the front of the engine that goes to the heater core it should reach.

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
You could always just remove the two lines at the firewall and put a pipe between them. Its a 5/8 hose.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No just reroute the one at the front of the engine that goes to the heater core it should reach.
I've successfully bypassed the heater core. THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!
It's still leaking little bit but I'm guessing it's whateber coolant left over.. hopefully it'll stop and I'm all good! :thumb:

·
Founder, ThumbJeeps
4,062 Posts
^ good thing your not in MI lol, you'd be gettin' it fixed in a hurry! 27 F here this morning... :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts