Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Puddle under JKU yesterday.

Engine oil and transmission seem full. Puddle is dark and brownish.

Any ideas of what this could be? Difficult for me to get at it so I want to hit it on the ground with ideas beforehand.

Pics from underneath.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Most probably the infamous "oil filter housing" check the "valley" with a flash light should be full of oil.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the answers. It has 85000 miles but I do have the 6yr/100k extended warranty that is still effect.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Thanks for the answers. It has 85000 miles but I do have the 6yr/100k extended warranty that is still effect.
ask them to do your spark plugs while they have the intake plenum off

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the help. Dealer fixed the oil cooler under warranty and put new gaskets on as well. They replaced the spark plugs for no additional labor - just parts.

Did find that I pinched the transmission cooler line though. Said I did it while off-roading - did not know that was possible with it tucked up in there.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
Thanks for all the help. Dealer fixed the oil cooler under warranty and put new gaskets on as well. They replaced the spark plugs for no additional labor - just parts.

Did find that I pinched the transmission cooler line though. Said I did it while off-roading - did not know that was possible with it tucked up in there.
they actually hang pretty low so very possible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts