Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I went to change out my fuel injectors to bigger ones(but they didn't fit). So I had to but my old ones back in....and my front 2 injectors just poor/shoot out gas whenever I turn my jeep on. So I pulled the fuel rail again and put it back in and same thing. I replaced all the o-rings also. The rail just kind of sits there until I but the bolts in. I tried pushing on the rail, but the fuel injectors didnt seem like they wanted to seat(if they are supposed to). idk what else to do!!! Help This is a 2.5l

·
Registered
435 Posts
Are you using some sort of silicon gel like lube when you put them in, if not try that. I know napa has some stuff called sil-glyde or something like that.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
they should press into the intake pretty firmly. dont use any thick type of grease to get them in there as it can clog the injectors and take a good while to be flushed out, just rub some motor oil around the ends going into the intake

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
they should press into the intake pretty firmly. dont use any thick type of grease to get them in there as it can clog the injectors and take a good while to be flushed out, just rub some motor oil around the ends going into the intake
x-2 its a tight fit

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got it fixed. I used Aquaphor, a member from jeepforum.com recommended I use some sort of vaseline. Aquaphor was the next best thing I had. Works fine and runs fine.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Any lube is better than, No lube! :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
there is your problem its a 2.5 you need a 4.2 four cly arent and good the break down all the time the 4.2 had it 191,000 miles just rebuilt the engine but never had a single problem out of it from towing nore from mud rideing its the best you can get ole AMC 4.2 got to love em.:punk:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts