Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Proud Wrangler Owner
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to install all my Stuffy security products today.

1. Glove Box
2. Console Insert
3. Under Seat Storage
4. Cubby Storage
5. Door Hinge Lock
6. Hood Lock

I ordered everything at the same time directly from Stuffy and had them all keyed the same.

Total cost $780.00
Sleeping well at night knowing your jeep is safe: PRICELESS lol

Will keep u guys updated of my progress. Let me know if there is anything I should watch out for besides needing a breaker bar for the under seat storage

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
The Fort Knox of Jeeps. :D

Not sure if you know, but there's a bracket under your driver's seat with two plugs...you'll have to remove the plugs (I used side cutters to clip off the plastic inserts that mount them to the bracket), then remove the bracket to install the Tuffy box.

Some people have told me there's another place to mount the plugs under the seat; I missed that when I was doing mine, and just zip tied em off to the center console side of my seat so the box would fit.

Good luck! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Also, make sure you squirt some silicon or white lithium grease into the door lockers, and do so every so often after install. Since they install with the locks facing down, you'll freeze em up with road salt if you don't lube them every so often (if they use salt in UT).

I've been using a (dry) graphite lubricant in mine, to keep grease from dripping down the sides of my Jeep. Seems to work well so far.

Then again, our winter has been feeble this year, at best. :)

·
Really liking the Jeep...
1,956 Posts
Awesome that you are taking pics!Thanks!

My nephew also invested in the exact same stuff.
It is incredibly well built. Congrats and continuing best of luck on the install(s)!

·
Proud Wrangler Owner
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
having problems with the cubby cover. After installing everything the lock doesn't engage. I need to remove the bracket and take it to a local machine shop to widen the slot where the locking bar slides in.

·
Proud Wrangler Owner
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cubby cover done. You have to apply some pressure on the top with your other hand to get the locking mechanism to work. Cannot lock it using just one hand.

Leaving it like that for now.

Attachments

·
Proud Wrangler Owner
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Console Insert done. Not too bad except for the final two bolts for extra security. I don't have a 90deg drill so I had to kind of wing it when I drilled the holes.

Attachments

·
Proud Wrangler Owner
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hood lock complete. This was a PITA because it didn't fit. I had to get my dremel out and do some trimming. I am definitely going to let Tuffy know about this.

Once the trimming was done, it fit with no issues. Works pretty well.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Hood lock complete. This was a PITA because it didn't fit. I had to get my dremel out and do some trimming. I am definitely going to let Tuffy know about this.

Once the trimming was done, it fit with no issues. Works pretty well.
That's kinda surprising. All my Tuffy stuff has fit perfectly. Looks like you had to take a pretty decent bite outta that lock box, though.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
great photos!

Do these use same key or ???

Can you elaborate on the console swap when you get time?

·
Proud Wrangler Owner
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
kbwwolf said:
The Fort Knox of Jeeps. :D

Not sure if you know, but there's a bracket under your driver's seat with two plugs...you'll have to remove the plugs (I used side cutters to clip off the plastic inserts that mount them to the bracket), then remove the bracket to install the Tuffy box.

Some people have told me there's another place to mount the plugs under the seat; I missed that when I was doing mine, and just zip tied em off to the center console side of my seat so the box would fit.

Good luck! :thumb:
I see them now. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Proud Wrangler Owner
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
JeeperJake said:
great photos!

Do these use same key or ???

Can you elaborate on the console swap when you get time?
When I bought them, I had Tuffy key all of them to the same key. It costs a bit more but this way all I need is one key in addition to the main key.

I will do a detail write up on all of these later.

·
no retreat, no surrender
975 Posts
Hi Sunny.... I installed the Tuffy Cubby Storage plate, and I found the instructions lacking. It took me awhile to figure it out... :banghead: but I finally got it in. No modifications necessary on mine.

Well done on your installs.... :thumb:

I'm up in Big... (Silver Fork area).

Carolyn

·
Proud Wrangler Owner
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
On the under seat storage. I removed the bracket and relocated the wire harness to the console side.

Reading kbbwolf's comments, I decided to relocate to the console side rather than the door side. This way its completely out of the way.

Done for the day today. Will finish up tomorrow. Planning to do the marker / turn signal mod and also the mesh grill tomorrow if I have time.

Just got a breaker bar from home depot to loosen those bolts under the drivers seat.

Attachments

·
Proud Wrangler Owner
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
under seat storage is done. I got this 250lb torque wrench from home depot and with that baby the bolts didn't stand a chance.

All done for today. 5 out of 6 Tuffy products installed. Only thing left is the door hinge locks which I may not install. I got them mainly for my half doors in the summer.

Attachments

·
no retreat, no surrender
975 Posts
I could certainly be wrong, but I was taught not to use my torque wrenches to loosen bolts.... only to torque them down :confused:

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
sunnykk said:
On the under seat storage. I removed the bracket and relocated the wire harness to the console side.

Reading kbbwolf's comments, I decided to relocate to the console side rather than the door side. This way its completely out of the way.

Done for the day today. Will finish up tomorrow. Planning to do the marker / turn signal mod and also the mesh grill tomorrow if I have time.

Just got a breaker bar from home depot to loosen those bolts under the drivers seat.
Are you going to use the gutter stuff or a kit for the grill?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts