Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So several weeks ago I ordered the combo (front/rear/cargo) ultimate floor liners. These are the heavy duty fitted slush liners. Well they were back ordered. A week and a half later I emailed to ask if there was an update (crazy snowy Boston winter this year...I really need them sooner rather than later) and they tell me they're going to be another 2-3 weeks. Ok I was a little annoyed that their website doesn't tell you something's out of stock before you buy it but whatever, I kept my frustration to myself and waited patiently. I had paid for 2 day Fed Ex shipping. They said since it was backordered they'd change the shipping to standard.

A few days ago, about the 2 week mark from my email to them, I get a fed ex ship notification. Sweet my liners are coming.

They show up a couple days later...not sure if they still sent them 2nd day and only charged me for standard ground shipping or what but they came very quick.

I open the boxes and there's also door sill guards that I did not order or pay for. It looks like they threw in a little something extra to make up for the delay. Pretty solid of them in my opinion. It's not often that a company does things like this to make things right, especially without you even lodging a complaint.

The sill guards look to be made or more or less the same material as the slush mats and seem very rugged.

·
Registered
72 Posts
They do that. Awesome company. I buy from them occasionally and more often from their scratch and dent as well. Great part is they are 15 minutes from me and always save on shipping since I pick everything up.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wish I could say the same. Trying like hell to give them my business but thinking of looking elsewhere for future purchases. 2 of my last 3 purchases I've had to contact them due to issues.

1. Purchased front & rear mopar slush mats. Box only had rear mats in it. Not good first impression and took them FOREVER to figure out how to email me fed ex return slip.

2. Purchased their black Moab wheels and flashcal. No issue

3. Just attempted to purchase VDP stubby end cap kit only to find out after the fact it is out of stock!? Was planning on doing stubby bumper at buddies house this weekend. Again not good.

Going forward might be wise to call in order to ensure items are in stock. Frustrating that they can't or won't list if item is in stock on their website. Not the best model in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
They get a thumbs up from me.

Problems get taken care of.

They can and have been beat.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have always had good experience with them. Send a pm telling them what you want and Rick will get back with you and with a price and set your order up then just call and pay

·
Premium Member
3,647 Posts
Good to know. Is there a code for wrangler forum members for the free shipping?
No code, just PM Rick and he will set up a quote in the system, then you can either do an online chat or call in to finalize it.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Good to know. Is there a code for wrangler forum members for the free shipping?
Yes, and a special webpage to enter it. Check out the link I posted above for the info.

·
Premium Member
3,647 Posts
Yes, and a special webpage to enter it. Check out the link I posted above for the info.
My bad, I didnt know about that, I have always emailed, gotten the free shipping and a little additional discount thrown on as well from Rick.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wish I could say the same. Trying like hell to give them my business but thinking of looking elsewhere for future purchases. 2 of my last 3 purchases I've had to contact them due to issues.

3. Just attempted to purchase VDP stubby end cap kit only to find out after the fact it is out of stock!? Was planning on doing stubby bumper at buddies house this weekend. Again not good.

Going forward might be wise to call in order to ensure items are in stock. Frustrating that they can't or won't list if item is in stock on their website. Not the best model in my opinion.
This is what annoyed me. It should tell you it's backordered before you buy it. Not sure how sophisticated their inventory management system is and how it interfaces with the website but it doesn't seem like something that should be that hard to do. Regardless, they totally made it right for me at the end of the day and I didn't even submit a complaint. Pretty solid customer service in my book.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts