Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,...I just bought my first Jeep a month ago and I'll never look back...now, I got the bug and want to upgrade the tires. I'm thinking about leaving the BF's on those rims and getting some mammoths in black but, wanting the stock suspension...anyone with the Polar out there with 33's?

·
Knows a couple things...
49,417 Posts
The wheel size has no bearing on how big of a tire can be. That depends entirely on the clearance the tire has. Is your TJ stock? If so, the biggest tire you can install is a 31x10.50 on an unlifted TJ. Or the metric equivalent to a 31" tall tire. 33's definitely won't fit without a suspension lift, and 32's will rub without a suspension lift.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The wheel size has no bearing on how big of a tire can be. That depends entirely on the clearance the tire has. Is your TJ stock? If so, the biggest tire you can install is a 31x10.50 on an unlifted TJ. Or the metric equivalent to a 31" tall tire. 33's definitely won't fit without a suspension lift, and 32's will rub without a suspension lift.
Sorry Jerry..I posted in the wrong forum...I should be in the JK asking

1 - 3 of 3 Posts