Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if something like this exists, but I am looking for a bikini top for my JKU that provides front and rear coverage, offers some rain coverage, but can roll up and stash in my back cargo compartment when not in use. I have the Spiderweb Shade, but it's a net-style material and not impervious to rain. I see all the bikini tops out there like the Bestop and other brands use a large windshield channel, which makes storage difficult-especially when I run my Jeep naked. Isn't there one that uses the Spiderweb Shade type elastic tie-downs through the footman loops and ties down to the rear roll bar?

·
Premium Member
4,391 Posts
You'll need a channel. If you look at your shade its pulled down a little in the front so wind over the windshield doesn't catch it and flap. Without a header bar you'd have to do the same with a bikini and by pulling it lower than the windshield you can't have a seal and it'll create the opportunity for the water to run right onto the dash/enter console when it's parked

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did that with duck cloth. Then I sprayed it with camp dry sealant. I've been thinking of taking my spiderweb shade and spraying it with plastidip

View attachment 1027009
THAT'S what I'm looking for. Jeeper06, I totally get where you are coming from. However, I was looking for something with a much thinner material than your standard bikini canvas top. I was thinking of something like the Spiderwebshade's thickness, but in a material that is not netted, but opaque. I don't need 100 percent rain resistance, just something that would help sheet it off if I was stuck at a light. Florida is infamous for sudden downpours, and I love running with the hard top completely off and the doors off during summer. I figured something like I described would keep me from getting totally doused, and allow me enough coverage to make it back home with minimal interior soaking. Of course, I can always run my Trektop, but I don't have the NX..so zipping out the rear windows completely isn't something I can do. Thanks for the replies...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.