Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about buying the Bestop bikini top, windjammer and duster deck combo. Does anyone know if I can use my upper half doors while using a bestop bikini top. I'm just curious as to whether they will look funny since they wont have any framing to seal up against to. All the pics I find are without the upper halfs on and I want to know if there is any specific reason for that. Any info or opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks

1995 Wrangler Rio Grande

·
Registered
875 Posts
I do it and I think it looks fine. It doesn’t seal water out, but it’s a cool look. The uppers will flop a LOT though if you get going at any decent speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
This might be an option for you. I have a similar set up and it is water proof. The only difference is my uppers are the squared off ones not the rounded ones.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Dude, it's a jeep.... nobody cares how your doors look w ur top.... if it's nice out they'll be jealous of ur open air and if it's cold and wet they'll laugh at you getting wet.... other jeepers will just wave and wipe the rain out of their own eyes

·
Registered
364 Posts
It keeps the wind mostly out. So your heater will have a chance to make it warm. It's also manageable in the rain if you're moving.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advise. I decided to go with a regular full soft top. I don't want to have to think about what the weather will be like before I leave the house. I did change things up and went with the tinted windows though, so im looking forward to seeing how that looks.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Although Im running topless or a bikini to keep the head cool when needed, my favorite setup is my full softop on, no doors or side windows in. This gives openness like topless and shade on the head. I leave the back window in place which keeps 90% of the dust out of the cab when wheelin or just crusin the NF trails and roads.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I bought the three pieces, and I like them, but the three separate pieces could be better.There is a Rugged Ridge set that does a better job of enclosing the cab. Mine came with a soft top in decent condition, so I got the 3 piece top for the in between times. This weekend I took everything off but the strapless bikini top.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts