Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys/gals. Just as the title suggests I'm wondering about the Bestop Bikini Top as a full-time hardtop replacement for the summer. I realize I'll need the door surrounds and the tail gate bar in addition to the bikini combo. Morris 4x4 sells a Bestop Bikini 5-piece combo that has the upgraded wrap around windjammer and a sound bar cap to protect that from the elements.

52586-35KWA (Bikini combo)
55010-01 (Door Surrounds)
52601-01 (Tailgate Bar)

Everything would be $676 but I would get a $50 gift card on top. So it's just a few hundred shy of the Supertop NX but I think I like the look of the bikini more.

Has anyone used the bikini top combo as a full-time replacement?
I park outside so how weather resistant would it be?
How easy is it to pull off the bikini and windjammer to go completely topless?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the 2-door

·
Registered
750 Posts
you can get the trektop nx cheaper. It's basically the cable safari top with windows. I run the safari top and tonneau cover most of the time.
i love my trek top on my tj, ordering one for the jku soon, its a bikini top when the windows are out and the sunrider is awesome. I would look at going this route instead, so if weather is gonna be nasty you can trow the windows and doors on in just a few minutes and not have to worry

·
Registered
45 Posts
i love my trek top on my tj, ordering one for the jku soon, its a bikini top when the windows are out and the sunrider is awesome. I would look at going this route instead, so if weather is gonna be nasty you can trow the windows and doors on in just a few minutes and not have to worry
Good feedback. Looking at snatching up one of these in the near future.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmmmm trektop. Definitely something to look into. Thanks for the feedback.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts