Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, Im new to this forum and the above question has been driving me nuts for a while. I have the door surrounds but my bikini top (Bestop)dosent use them, leaving this huge gap between the doors and rollbar. Any help would be appreicated, Ill be in NM for nine monts and want to bring my bikini top. And HELLO!

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
That's completely normal. There's going to be a gap. The best part is when it rains, the water pools up on your top then dumps right down on your leg. That's when you know you're in a Jeep. :D

Lose the door surrounds with the bikini top. You don't really need them. Just be careful not to slam your doors shut as it will rattle a little bit. ;)

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya, I experienced the waterfall last summer.....refreshing! I asked this question because Im driving to NM in two weeks and I just want to bring the bikini, bed cover, and rear window.... Its January. The 2500mi might be alittle cold with the doors off and windshield folded, might really freak people out though, sounds fun.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unlimited, do you know if all of Bestops bikinis can use the surrounds. Thanks all for your replies.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Hey, Im new to this forum and the above question has been driving me nuts for a while. I have the door surrounds but my bikini top (Bestop)dosent use them, leaving this huge gap between the doors and rollbar. Any help would be appreicated, Ill be in NM for nine monts and want to bring my bikini top. And HELLO!
I bought a bestop bikini top this summer with the bolt on header, and it DOES use the door surrounds. You can put it on with or without them. For the money I would grab one if I were you.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Unlimited, do you know if all of Bestops bikinis can use the surrounds. Thanks all for your replies.
If your bikini top has hard plastic in the ends, you can. They slide under the door surround and make it really tight. If they aren't there, then you can't.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
My Outland (Smittybuilt) top has two ways to attach, the factory surrounds or the roll bar. having both attachment points on one brief is very handy. I'm pretty sure that most of the Bestop ones are like this also though.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks all, Im doing a search right now. Thanks for the help.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,066 Posts
So far as I know, all of Bestop's bikini tops have the hard plastic edges that snap into the top of the door surround. :)

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
So far as I know, all of Bestop's bikini tops have the hard plastic edges that snap into the top of the door surround. :)
Not mine. ;) Mine has velcro that wraps around the roll bar. No door surrounds are necessary.

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
No door surrounds here and we drove 70 mph to the Jamboree like this:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SS... looks like fun...but prolly not for 2500mi. Plus Ive got a chick that got stationed in the same place, riding down with me who already hates my jeep, with the full softtop on.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh yeah, Ive never made it to a Jamboree, is there a schedule of them somewhere? Id love to go play.

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
Hell scout, I wish my bestop bikini was like yours. Mine snaps into the door surrounds.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have a bestop safari, and it can go either way...door surrounds or velcro to the bars...very please so far.

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
Hell scout, I wish my bestop bikini was like yours. Mine snaps into the door surrounds.
I bought it last year from Quadratec. I didn't really know how it worked when I bought it. I guess I got lucky because I didn't have the door surrounds at the time. :confused: :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts