Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I just purchased an '88 with a hard top. Come summer I would like to put on a bikini top but all I'm finding is the brief tops that only cover the front seat. I want to somehow put a full bikini top to also cover the back seat. Any suggestions? Thank you.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I believe that you have to have the family cage in order to cover the rear seat too. I am in the same situation and haven't found any yet.

·
Registered
514 Posts
ya you need the family roll bar for the full bikini.. could switch the roll bar for cheaper than a top

·
Registered
20 Posts
There is a company that makes a full bikini for the cj/yj that have the sport bars. I found it on Quadratecs website. But the price is pretty steep at $140. I believe it's called a sun top?

·
Sponsoring Vendor
4,232 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
I wish that I could find a family roll bar. I would change mine out.
I have the family bar and a full bikini for my yj. The back flaps like crazy once you hit 30-40mph. Needless to say it's now nicely folded and in my console in the event I need it for rain cover. If I could get it to stay tight I would use it... Heck even the straps loosen, I had better luck using bungee cords hooked to the velcro.

Pictures make em look nicer that what they actually are..

·
Registered
514 Posts
seen a guy that had a pocket sew into the back of the top and used a old folding tent pole to keep it tight.. i just sorta converted my soft top to work as a full bikini... couple ratchet straps and its all good..

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
I have the full bikini on my 93 and yeah it flaps a little in back but not bad at all, that's at about 60 mph. I just play with the back straps till I get them as tight as possible then tie them in a knot around the buckle, seems to be fine for a 40 dollar bestop eBay find

1 - 12 of 12 Posts