Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I know this sounds crazy but Im sure any of you Jeeper Moms out there may have thought of this.

As I said above I am a MOM. And being one means I don't get to go out in my Jeep a lot alone. I am a Military wife and my husband is away a lot. I love having my top down but here in sunny North Carolina the kids easily get burned after being out in the sun for 5 minutes. I do put sunblock on them so for those of you who would like to state the obvious that is not an issue. My issue is this: I am looking for a bikini top for my jeep that covers just the back seats. Does it exist and where can I find it.

I have looked on quadratec and other online sites but all i find is the UV screen that covers the whole top of the jeep and I am not looking for that, maybe as a last resort but not till I know for sure that what I am looking for doesn't exist.

So if any one has any Ideas or knowledge about where I can get something like this I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks

PinkyLee

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Do you have a hardtop? I'm assuming you have a 4 door.... And if you have a hardtop, you might be able to leave just the rear passenger section of the Freedom top on. I'm not sure if that will work or not....I'm just guessing.

·
Banned
3,573 Posts
Do you have a hardtop? I'm assuming you have a 4 door.... And if you have a hardtop, you might be able to leave just the rear passenger section of the Freedom top on. I'm not sure if that will work or not....I'm just guessing.
I have a hardtop JKU and have yet to install my soft-top. For the most part, even with the lids out, I believe the rear seating area stays outta the sun. I'd still worry about the sun burning the kids' legs though. Can't hurt to give'em a dash of sunscreen just in case...

·
Registered
876 Posts
Ok so I know this sounds crazy but Im sure any of you Jeeper Moms out there may have thought of this.

As I said above I am a MOM. And being one means I don't get to go out in my Jeep a lot alone. I am a Military wife and my husband is away a lot. I love having my top down but here in sunny North Carolina the kids easily get burned after being out in the sun for 5 minutes. I do put sunblock on them so for those of you who would like to state the obvious that is not an issue. My issue is this: I am looking for a bikini top for my jeep that covers just the back seats. Does it exist and where can I find it.

I have looked on quadratec and other online sites but all i find is the UV screen that covers the whole top of the jeep and I am not looking for that, maybe as a last resort but not till I know for sure that what I am looking for doesn't exist.

So if any one has any Ideas or knowledge about where I can get something like this I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks

PinkyLee
Pinky,

I have the Bestop Bikini, but I also have the Bestop Trektop NX which is a versitile unit. It's a full no frame soft top, also a safari top and you can kick back the front for a full sun roof kind of thing.

50 Something

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Don't know if you want to go with a complete top or not but the Trektop NX has a nice feature to it that would wok. Once you take out the windows, it becomes a Safari bikini top which coves the front and back seats. The nice feature to it, is it has a sunrider feature so you can fold back the front part of the top and leave the back area covered.And as far as tops, it is fairly cheap for a complete top.

It would be nice if they sold the Safari top with the Sunrider by itself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok so I think I was miss leading... Im trying to Change my User name so bear with me if this thread drops bc of that. If I can change it, it will be PinkyLee08JKU as I have an Unlimited which in the Jeep world means 4 DOOR. Ugh Im trying here LOL! SO... I have a 4 Door and I am looking for a top as stated in my origonal post.... that being said will any of the info posted above help me or was it all geared towards a 2 Door?

Thanks for your patience!
Pinky Lee

·
Registered
502 Posts
Pinky,

I have the Bestop Bikini, but I also have the Bestop Trektop NX which is a versitile unit. It's a full no frame soft top, also a safari top and you can kick back the front for a full sun roof kind of thing.

50 Something

How do you like the Trektop NX? I'm going to order a soft top in the spring and this was one of the ones I've been eyeing. I liked the versatility, but I'm not so sure on the lack of the frame and the way it just follows the roll cage in the back.

·
Registered
876 Posts
How do you like the Trektop NX? I'm going to order a soft top in the spring and this was one of the ones I've been eyeing. I liked the versatility, but I'm not so sure on the lack of the frame and the way it just follows the roll cage in the back.
Sorry, but it's still in the box. I'll let you know soon when the weather gets a little cooler.

50 Something

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
The OP says Pinky is looking for something that just covers the back seat, so I don't think the Spidershade will work (well, not with out a little modification). To that regard, the Trektop might be a good solution for the reasons stated above. You can remove all the windows and run it as a safari, but it also has a front flip back feature, so the front would remain uncovered while the back stays covered.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts