Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Bestop bikini and I wanted to make it more waterproof/ windproof (I know it can't be perfect). I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the wrap around windjammer, it looks like it would seal off the compartment pretty well but its a little pricey compared to the normal one. If any one has any pics or advice please post um up thanx. Oh and heres a link to the windjammer WrapAround

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I've heard good things about it, but have not run it. You still have to worry about water coming in from around the rear of the cage and where the duster wraps around it though. If you have the padding on still, you can zip tie it to make it a bit more tight and less likely to drip/leak.

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
I have the standard windjammer and the wrap around. It is a HUGE difference. I removed the carpet behind the front seats-and with the straps on the wrap around you can almost seal it up. I ran with the wrap around from may till mid oct than put full top back on. If I had it to do over would put on safari top with the wrap around. Believe this along with the deck cover would make it a total non-issue as far as rain. I also am able to use a/c with upper doors Bikini top and wrap around wind jammer and deck cover.

I recently purchased a half-top and love it-but also understand it is not for everyone but it is great as far as warmth and weather. It was 6* Sunday night I was on the highway-and nice and toasty!

I will go back to the Bikini and wrap around with the duster deck cover in the spring. It is easier for hauling things than the half top would be.

Hope this helps?

·
Vendor
5,688 Posts
jp261's review seems very good to me! Two thumbs up!

I'd add for emphasis: Bestop sells a Windjammer and a Wrap-Around Windjammer. They're almost two completely separate products. The regular windjammer really is designed just to reduce air turbulence, and will not seal up your cab.

The Bikini top is designed to work either with or without the door surrounds, but it will be MUCH better for keeping out bad weather if you have the doors surrounds. If you just wrap it around the roll bars, the top will be a couple inches inboard of the edge of your Jeep, and it will drip on your shoulder and neck.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanx for the help, I will definitely be purchasing the wraparound windjammer. This setup will still work even if my soundbar is flipped around right?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts