Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys & gals! So i'm thinking of running a TF 2.5" lift. I've done some research and heard Bilstein shocks would be a good matchup. My question is which one should i run? Any other recommendations will be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :bottom: <-- Love the emoticons here!
-Rick

·
Registered
183 Posts
Lots of ppl will run the 5100s. I'm running them along with the teraflex 2.5 coil lift and the ride/handling is great, much better than stock IMHO.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Hey man. They are stiff for a 2d but are recommended for a 4d. Ken has Rancho 9000's. They are adjustable. I would go that route if I were buying shocks. Check em out!

·
Registered
784 Posts
The bilsteins were a great match for my 2.5 lift. Id definately recommend that setup.

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
Bil Stein 5100s.

·
Registered
634 Posts
lolpetewtf said:
Hey man. They are stiff for a 2d but are recommended for a 4d. Ken has Rancho 9000's. They are adjustable. I would go that route if I were buying shocks. Check em out!
What he said, Rancho 9k adj are the way to go. You wont regret it

·
Registered
780 Posts
I dont think you would see a lot of difference in the ride between the two since the AEV also uses 5100's. I have ridden in a mates 2 door Rubi with the AEV 2.5 kit and it rode great. I have put a set of locally made 2.5in flexy springs (tapered wire) with the 5100's and the ride is just a little softer than the AEV and very very happy with the shocks.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I'm very happy with the Bilstein 5100s on my 2dr Rubicon but they will be a little stiff at first. It seems to take about 500 miles or one good Offroading trip to break them in.

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
Yea the AEV 5100's are tuned with their coils.
Coil selection does play a big role in ride.
Pretty sure if I tried the Bills again with my new RK coils I would be Ok..... Wait did I just say that?
Anyways ............ That will never happen :firedevil: I love my Rancho's 9000's so much. C-mom, how can you beat a 9 way adjustable shock that doesn't cost a ton? Rancho just finished a buy 3 get one free promotion. When I bought mine they had a $100 rebate.
Best mod so far :)

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts