Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i ordered a bb from dirk @ dpg. it came with OME shocks, 2" coil spacers, 1" mml & 1.25" bl. (dirks recommendation)
now the guy that's supposed to install the kit says that i won't need the mml & bl...:confused: he mentioned w/only 2" lift i wouldn't run into any vibes or any rubbing issues with the tires i will be running (32" bfg mt)
any suggestion, experiences with this?

·
Registered
150 Posts
I just put on my 2" BB last night from Rubicon Express. All it came with was the coil spacers shocks and bump stop extensions for the rear. I havent had any vibration at all up to 70mph..... But I havent even had it on for a whole day yet lol

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Yeah it won't hurt anything either. And the guy that put it on is half right, you SHOULDN'T have vibes from a 2"BB but that doesn't mean you won't. I have a 5 speed and a D44 which I have heard is the best combo to not have vibes, but I had them from just a 1 3/4" BB. I installed a MML and BL and got some extra clearance and didn't have anymore vibes!! Also that will give you the room to get some good flex and stay out of the fender flares!!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
No, if you have vibes you can always do a Transfer Case drop, which is simple and cheap, but you can also do a BL and MML to eliminate the same problem!!

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
I only had a 2" bb, but installed the JKS 1" mml and the JKS 1.25 BL and it took away vibes I didn't realize I had. Plus I got 33 12.5's stuffed under there now...

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
The OME kit you got is fine for up to 32x11.5 tires (depending on wheel backspacing).

If you want 33's, the BL and MML will be a GOOD thing. I had vibes with my OME lift and ran the t-case drop for a while, but decided to go to 33's and did the BL/MML later and removed the t-case drop (I have a D35 and AX-5 manual tranny).

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
look at my signature...no SYE, 33" tires, 3 inch suspension, 1 inch body lift and 1" motor mount lift...no transfer case drop and very little vibes.

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
If you decide against installing the BL and the MML, let me know.....I'd be interested in buying them from you.
:)
Jordan

·
Registered
127 Posts
My finace's 1998 TJ is running a 2" bb and a 1" body lift with a 1" radiator drop, no vibes!

Also with a 1" body lift I was able to leave out the bumpstop extensions and run 32" with no rubbing, the tires stuff like crazy but dont rub!

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
As much as I hate to suggest it, you really need to read the tiny's lift thread. Start from the begining, she did what you are going to do and had some vib problems. MML and BL fixed them. Its a big thread but worth the read. Good luck with your lift!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks everyone, the bl & mml will be getting installed.
sorry jordan....
a friend of mine just gave me a set of front rubicon springs. he told me to replace mine (99 sahara) and that the new springs will help level off the jeep. is this true?
i never really noticed my jeep leaning towards the front...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i'm in the middle of the install :confused:
does anyone have any pics of what the coil spring spacers should look like once installed? and also pics of a body lift spacer, i know that there are 11 of them but i just need a pic of one...

thanks.......

1 - 20 of 39 Posts