Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning, I am new to the Jeep World with a recently purchased 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. The dealership advertised it as a '' Black Bear Edition '' but I can't find anything on the vehicle that suggests........... what do I look for on the vehicle?

Attachments

·
Administrator
12,562 Posts
Reactions: Lovepirate661

·
Super Moderator
5,702 Posts
The main visual ques were the black grill, black wheels (vs standard silver) and a hood decal that many did not like. The hood decal had the Black Bear Pass trail on it or some such, like a topographical map.
It also came with rock rails.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Looks like the previous owner removed the hood decal. I have the 2017 Big Bear edition with a topo map hood decal and really like the decal (see the photo). Sets the Jeep apart from others. Like others said, it came with the black wheels, taillight guards, hood decal and BFG AT KO2. It is a very nice package IMHO. Mine also came with the LSD and 3.73 gears though that is not part of the Big Bear package.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Looks like the previous owner removed the hood decal. I have the 2017 Big Bear edition with a topo map hood decal and really like the decal (see the photo). Sets the Jeep apart from others. Like others said, it came with the black wheels, taillight guards, hood decal and BFG AT KO2. It is a very nice package IMHO. Mine also came with the LSD and 3.73 gears though that is not part of the Big Bear package.

I have the 17 Big Bear as well, and I've gotten more positive comments on the map decal than any of the actual modifications I've done to the Jeep.....

·
Registered
94 Posts
Not all Black Bears have the hood decal. Those were an option. I have a 16 bought new from dealer. You get black grille, black rims, graphite interior trim, heated mirrors and a couple other things Im forgetting. Oh tail light guards, and “enhanced” rock rails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
262 Posts
I think the seat fabric is also a little different.

Nice ride! Hope you’ll use it like a Jeep!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Most def. In 09 we drove up the Ca. coastline thru Oregon and Washington to Vancouver, B.C in our Land Rover so we can't wait to do that same run next year in the Wrangler.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Not all Black Bears have the hood decal. Those were an option. I have a 16 bought new from dealer. You get black grille, black rims, graphite interior trim, heated mirrors and a couple other things Im forgetting. Oh tail light guards, and “enhanced” rock rails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
A few more off the top of my head: Skid plates, remote engine start, rubber floor mats, carpet mat in cargo area, 430 uconnect, security alarm system.

Nice Black Bears fellows.

Here is mine the day that I brought it home new in Oct. 2016.
Since then I have added an ARB Deluxe Bull Bar, Mopar mud flaps, and Mopar receiver hitch and 5 pin towing harness, Mopar Kicker speaker upgrades and Kicker Hideaway subwoofer. Mopar headliner kit. Lock'er Down console safe.
DSCN2928.jpg

·
Registered
124 Posts
Very nice Jeep.

That hood decal would worry me here in AZ, though. Vinyl on top facing panels (hood, trunk, roof, tops of bumpers etc) doesn't last very long before it darkens and cracks. Three years, max, unless it's a garage queen.

·
Registered
838 Posts
From FCA on Sept. 1, 2015:
Jeep Wrangler Black Bear Edition
The Jeep Wrangler Black Bear Edition – available on Wrangler or Wrangler Unlimited – builds on the Sport trim level by adding special content to the interior and exterior of the vehicle. The Black Bear Edition is available in nine colors: Billet Silver, Black, Bright White, Firecracker Red, Granite Crystal, Hydro Blue, Hypergreen, Rhino and Tank.

On the exterior, Black Bear features a heritage “Wrangler” hood decal, topographical Black Bear Pass trail hood decal, off-road rock rails, Satin Black grille, Mineral Gray bumper applique, standard premium Sunrider soft top or optional body-color hard top, 17-inch five-spoke black wheels and added traction with Silent Armor tires, and black tail lamp guards and fuel fill door.

The interior of the Black Bear Edition features black cloth Sedoso seats, a leather-wrapped steering wheel with black accent stitching, Iron Gray bezels, grab handle vent rings and door handles, sport bar grab handles, all-weather slush mats, standard air conditioning, and the Connectivity Group and Power Convenience Group.

Black Bear Pass is a popular Jeep Jamboree trail in Telluride, Colorado, and is featured in Jeep brand’s Badge of Honor program.
https://media.fcanorthamerica.com/newsrelease.do?id=16744

·
Premium Member
7,226 Posts
Another clue is the "Wrangler" hood decal. While the Willys edition also had a black grille and wheels, it said "Willys" on the hood.

Reactions: Lovepirate661
1 - 15 of 15 Posts