Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gutted my Jeep the other day and will be painting it all black this weekend...... I'm kinda nervous, the point of no return is quickly approaching.
I've scrubbed everything down with SimpleGreen, rinsed, and wiped it down with alcohol. I'll try to post pics as I go if anyone is interested.

Here is my dash now. I may pull the frame thing that has the obvious surface rust issue too and put some primer on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Don't get nervous, apparently you know what you are doing. Others have done this on the forum with great success. It will look awesome when your done and it looks like your are paying attention to detail. Just make sure you get it clean. Send pics when done, good luck

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, I've passed the point of no return. I've cleaned and taped and got my primer on. I've decided to go with Rustoleum because I've had great experiences in the past.

Attachments

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got all of the essential pieces done (the ones i need to put it back together enough to be able to drive it again) and I have to say that I am very happy with the results. Here are a few pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'm very interested in doing the same thing!!! Good luck! I'll be checking to see how it turns out! :) ::wavey::
x2...Looks good so far...I have to go from tan to black....:D

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got the essentials done and put back together. Next I have to do the speaker covers, door panels, and glove box latch. Then I need to get some black seat covers and black carpet!
I'm not sure if I'm going to do the speedo shroud and the center piece.

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
I. HATE. Tan.

I'll be doing this in the next month or so.

Looks good :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts