Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 tj. My soft top is super faded and out of shape (almost 11 years old and previous owner did not take care of it). I was looking at Bestop Replace-a-top. Now is it possible to get the Black Diamond top for my 2000 jeep? Ive had buddies who have had them and their tops were always super black and didnt ever sag, which is exactly what i want. Im sure if i had to get the Black Denim id be more than happy as long as it was new and not 11 years old :D I just thought I'd ask. So final question is ---> Can I run a Black Diamond Bestop Replace-a-top on a 2000 Jeep wrangler sport, or would I have to get the Black Denim?

Just a side note. Is it me or is the search option on this forum just plain useless?! I can never find anything, I just google it and it brings me to another forum which i am not a member of. Oh well just a random venting session :banghead:

Thanks Jeepers :punk:

·
Registered
227 Posts
You can run any color you like. Just be sure to get the model for your year. Black Denim, I beleive, would be the factory option.

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
Well, I can't imagine why you couldn't buy the Black Diamond if you are willing to pay for the upgrade. There's no difference in the design of the tops, it's just the heavier fabric. All the R-A-T's from 97-02 should be the same, as well as the ones from 03-06.... The only reason for the differentiation in them is the window zippers changed in '03... Look at Quadratec, and Morris 4x4, etc, for pricing.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
InfernoGirl said:
Well, I can't imagine why you couldn't buy the Black Diamond if you are willing to pay for the upgrade. There's no difference in the design of the tops, it's just the heavier fabric. All the R-A-T's from 97-02 should be the same, as well as the ones from 03-06.... The only reason for the differentiation in them is the window zippers changed in '03... Look at Quadratec, and Morris 4x4, etc, for pricing.
So if I have the factory soft top frame from a 2000 jeep wrangler, I could get the black diamond? Or would I need to upgrade the soft top frame? Thanks for all the responses!

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
Frames are the same, all you need is the new skin... :)

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
As long as you order a top made to fit your year windows you'll be fine. If you have to order '03+ to get the black diamond fabric, then that won't work.... hope that makes sense. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts