Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any idea who makes black diamond plate panels for a YJ? I seem to be able to find chrome ones easily but I know I've seen black ones but I can't find them. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
Don't do it, Please.

Unless your covering up already smashed and rusty panels.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't do it, Please. Unless your covering up already smashed and rusty panels.
Well my parents really like my YJ so my plan was to put diamond plate over the rotted body panels after I paint over the rust so I when I give it to them, I won't feel as bad.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cut the rot out to help prevent further rusting the cover with armor
Well I planned on cutting as little as possible, painting over what I cut, and then putting armor over it.

My boss, who is a Jeep "guru", said putting armor over rotted spots is tacky and makes it look like I'm trying to hide something. Opinions?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Well you are trying to hide something, right? It's often not worth the cost to have the body panels repaired at a body shop and repainted. Most people don't want/need a showroom Jeep. I wouldn't have any problem buying a Jeep with armor but I'd want to know what was behind it.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I trimmed the bad rust, gave it several coats of por-15, and reinstalled the diamond plate armor that I sprayed with bedliner.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well you are trying to hide something, right? It's often not worth the cost to have the body panels repaired at a body shop and repainted. Most people don't want/need a showroom Jeep. I wouldn't have any problem buying a Jeep with armor but I'd want to know what was behind it.
Well I planned on doing before and after pictures so people could see what I did. I definitely wouldn't just try to hide it so I could sell it and I'd be fine with new body panels but I don't want to deal with having them painted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts