Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CAn anyone recommend a cleaning solution for black fenders . I have the 303 but that's more of a protectant than a cleaner. I've been going off road a bit and the mud that collects doesn't all seem to come off when using just soap and water.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've tried a bunch of different products and concoctions to clean mud stains off the fenders. Nothing could remove the stains. So the next best option is to make them "disappear." 303 was my go to product but it didn't seem to last long. I'm currently using Meguiar's Ultimate Black. For me, it totally covers up any stains and lasts a couple of months with my Jeep parked outside and Florida rains. I get the best results by gooping a lot of it on. Don't use it sparingly.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
The only thing that i've found that works for mud, and works best for dust worked in to the 'grain' of the plastic fenders, bumpers, and the tires/rims is a power-washer.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Stiff bristled brush with a large helping of soap. I had to scrub pretty hard in circles to get in the texture, but it eventually came out. It was Missouri river mud which stains something fierce. Topped it off with 303. Looks like brand new. Even better.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stiff bristled brush with a large helping of soap. I had to scrub pretty hard in circles to get in the texture, but it eventually came out. It was Missouri river mud which stains something fierce. Topped it off with 303. Looks like brand new. Even better.
doesn't the stuff bristle brush scratch up the fenders?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Not at all. I used plenty of macguires soap and just went in tight circles. I didn't lean on it hard or anything. I did wash them off really well before to get rid of any dirt that might get in the bristles and scratch. I was surprised myself.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Mother's Back to Black, give it a try

Apply it liberally, let it penetrate the grain, wipe off -

Decent results, with mininal effort.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts