Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my Black Forest Green 2012 JKU Sport S. How many of you have friends or family that think your Jeep is Black? I get that all the time. But in certain light conditions you see that Green. And I love it!

·
Registered
32 Posts
It was cloudy the other evening and a pizza guy dropped off a pizza to my house. My BFG was parked next to my wife's back Mercury Mariner and as I meet him in the driveway he says, "wow you must love black vehicles!" I politely told him my jeep was actually "Forrest green," but he wouldn't believe me! We went back and forth for a few minutes to no avail and it just ended with him saying "well it looks black to me"...lol. Love the color though..in the sunlight it is truly awesome!

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Except for rare instances like the setting sun, you couldn't tell mine was anything but black from January when I picked it up until around late May early June when we started getting towards the brighter summer sun. I also found that giving it a proper polish with my buffer and seal/wax really brought the green and the flake out more.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Most of my friends an coworkers see it as a black Jeep and comments like "Oh, I think I see some green. Maybe."

But when I went out to Kamloops BC over the summer to visit family, my sister saw it mostly as a green jeep. But Kamloops is very sunny.

I do like catching people doing the double and triple takes trying to figure the colour out. Damned cool.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Except for rare instances like the setting sun, you couldn't tell mine was anything but black from January when I picked it up until around late May early June when we started getting towards the brighter summer sun. I also found that giving it a proper polish with my buffer and seal/wax really brought the green and the flake out more.
I'll have to try the buffer & polish. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great Pic! The sunlight really caught the color there!

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Most of my friends an coworkers see it as a black Jeep and comments like "Oh, I think I see some green. Maybe."

But when I went out to Kamloops BC over the summer to visit family, my sister saw it mostly as a green jeep. But Kamloops is very sunny.

I do like catching people doing the double and triple takes trying to figure the colour out. Damned cool.
It's amazing how different lighting affects the color! I love that.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In July 2012 I only found a couple of Black Forest Green JKU Sports in SoCal. So I found this one in Huntington Beach. It was a gloomy day (It rained on the way home.) When I went down to buy mine I got to the dealership and they couldn't find it. They were looking for a green wrangler. I went in back with them and I found it. It even fooled them. lol

·
Registered
389 Posts
In July 2012 I only found a couple of Black Forest Green JKU Sports in SoCal. So I found this one in Huntington Beach. It was a gloomy day (It rained on the way home.) When I went down to buy mine I got to the dealership and they couldn't find it. They were looking for a green wrangler. I went in back with them and I found it. It even fooled them. lol

That's funny! Hah!

·
Premium Member
1,078 Posts
The guy that drove the truck that dropped mine off at the dealer thought it was black. Mine doesn't get alot of sun up here in Michigan...it's kinda cool how it looks like a totally different Jeep when the sun hits it. I've always loved black Jeeps and green Jeeps. Way I see it I get the best of both worlds!

·
Registered
995 Posts
Love mine.
When we got it my wife said that Jeeps should be "dirt colors." So that killed the Crush or Geck right off the bat. (Not my favorites anyway but I did kind of like the blue). When we saw the green glint off the black color, we were sold.

Some do not like the painted fenders and hard top of the Sahara but plastic always struck me as cheap looking. The only plastic left on mine is the dip on the wheels (wanted a partially blacked out look without paint or bedliner) the mirrors & Sahara steps. The steps will be on ebay at some point in the future & the mirrors may be depending on what I can come up with for replacements.

Again, love the Jeep & the color

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Love mine.
Some do not like the painted fenders and hard top of the Sahara but plastic always struck me as cheap looking.
I never liked it on vehicles like the Honda Element, but for some reason the Jeep looks good with it. I think also when you realize the hard top is actually a textured flat paint and not just unfinished plastic it helps.

I'll have to try the buffer & polish. Thanks for the tip.
Yep, mfr's don't give normal mass produced vehicles a proper polish before they send them on their way, really only the super $$$$ hand built stuff gets that. The paint is pretty good from the factory, but polishing it was like that Claritin commercial where they take away the gray that you didn't notice and everything is all vibrant. Here's some pics from my polishing and sealing that I did.........

·
Registered
32 Posts
Stos said:
Love my BFG!
Hawaii helps bring out the color with the frequent sunlight (except in this pic of course)...Can't wait to get my ace rock rails on! Thanks for the motivation!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 43 Posts