Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what kind? do you like it? price and pic please:) id like a no drill gas cap cover!!

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
I'm on my phone, so I can't get a link, but I'm pretty sure you can get one from Quadratec. One came standard on my Mountain edition--look at my profile pics and I'm pretty sure you'll spot it.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks nice what brand is that?

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Yep, that sure looks like the same one I've got. And if it was from the Jeep dealer, it's probably Mopar. I found it in the Quadratec catalog--search their website for item number 15006.41X. It's $124.99. Claims "no drill installation" takes 5 minutes.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
I have that same one and yes, it's Mopar. I installed mine myself in a matter of minutes. You can pick them up alot cheaper than $125 though. I have seen them on E-bay for like $80.

·
Registered
58 Posts
MOPAR shows the black model at $111.00
However, the install looks a bit more detailed than 5 minutes, or maybe I'm just slow.

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Yeah, make no mistake--neither Mopar's nor Quadratec's website is guaranteed (or even likely) to be the cheapest place to get your gear. But they've got it if you "need" it.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
The hardest part of the install, for me anyways, was taking the original plastic piece around the gas nozzle off because there is a clip way the f#$% back there that is a PITA to get to. Once that is loose it's a piece of cake.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I got mine for $100 bucks at the dealership took prob a half hr to install the old plastic ring was a b--- to get out, but the install was pretty easy, prob took me a little longer to get it on cuz I had a few beers while installing lol

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mabey I'm wrong but I didn't think you needed to remove the plastic ring around the cap. I thought you just screwed the selftaping screws right into that piece?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just looked the rugged ridge cover fits over the top of the original plastic ring and selftaps onto it. Anyone have this cover?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here's mine (Mopar). From what I remember the clips were a pain but I think you can swivel it to reach all of them. It wasn't too bad of an install.

Attachments

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone, those all look really good. I've got to buy one I don't like the look of the stock ones.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Mabey I'm wrong but I didn't think you needed to remove the plastic ring around the cap. I thought you just screwed the selftaping screws right into that piece?
No, you have to remove the old one because the new one that you install has the threading for the screws on the new cover.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I hear whT your sAying but some of them not counting mopar just fit over the stock jk part and s screws right into that plastic ring. Highrock fuel door hatch is one of the ones I'm talking about.

·
Registered
140 Posts
greenenvy said:
Just looked the rugged ridge cover fits over the top of the original plastic ring and selftaps onto it. Anyone have this cover?
I have it. Took 5 minutes to do 3 St screws. About $60-70 from 4wd.com

1 - 20 of 29 Posts