Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a small chip in the black hard top on my Sahara.... Wondering what you recommend for paint to cover it up. Just some generic black touchup paint from auto store, or is there something better I should use. Seems like a pretty dull finish on the top to me.
this forum is great. Thank you.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I have hit mine with some flat black Rustoleum out of a rattle can. I just spray some into a cup and use a Q-tip to hit the bad spots.

·
Registered
61 Posts
wesch12 said:
I've got a small chip in the black hard top on my Sahara.... Wondering what you recommend for paint to cover it up. Just some generic black touchup paint from auto store, or is there something better I should use. Seems like a pretty dull finish on the top to me.
this forum is great. Thank you.
My wife has and always will use a sharpie brand marker close to her vehicle color. I hate to admit it but, it covers for numerous washes!

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
Spend the ten bucks and get the Mopar black touch up paint for the top. It comes in a 1.5 oz container with a brush applicator.
This is what I tried and the color matches perfectly...the only problem is the finish is slightly different so if you look at it from different angles, you can see every spot I touched up. My top was all scratched up from the previous owner.

·
Registered
42 Posts
This is what I tried and the color matches perfectly...the only problem is the finish is slightly different so if you look at it from different angles, you can see every spot I touched up. My top was all scratched up from the previous owner.
Maybe over the summer it will dull or fade and blend a little better. How long ago did you touch it up?

·
Registered
4,765 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
I had a couple chips on mine when the salesman took off the drivers side to show me how it worked. It was 95 at the time and he dropped it when he burnt his hand. :eek: The black sharpie did the trick.

·
Registered
275 Posts
They sell it on E-bay but I assume you can get it at your local dealer.

Here was the cheapest listing I saw on E-bay

Jeep Wrangler Hard Top BLACK Touch Up Paint, OEM Mopar | eBay

Many people just use a sharpie for small scratches
I have bought items from them and the service is first class. I use them for all my Jeep/Mopar purchases as I can get them shipped from the US, pay the customs charges and still save money on UK dealership prices. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts