Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I apologize in advance if there are multiple posts on this, I searched and was unable to find anything.

Is there anywhere I can get aftermarket black headlight bezels? Or is everyone pulling their stock chrome ones and painting them?

Thanks

·
Registered
181 Posts
you mean something like the ones on Quadratec? given those are eyelid style ones, or you can probably just paint the ones on your JK with plastidip or something I'm sure

·
Registered
692 Posts
Personally, I've never known anyone to buy aftermarket black bezels. Just sand the paint already on the bezels with 800-1000 grit sandpaper and use just standard krylon gloss or flat black. I went with gloss because I think it looks better right there on the grill.

image-3750218198.jpg

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm talking about the bezel that actually holds the headlight in place. Only thing I could find on Quadratec was the chrome MOPAR replacements. I was thinking plasti dip. Most likely what I'll do

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I wondered about this too... not only to have them available in black but I wonder why they seem to flimsy. I'm surprised there's not a beefier aftermarket option yet with color options.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
ExtremeTerrain.com Sponsoring Vendor
6,005 Posts
Hey guys. I apologize in advance if there are multiple posts on this, I searched and was unable to find anything.

Is there anywhere I can get aftermarket black headlight bezels? Or is everyone pulling their stock chrome ones and painting them?

Thanks
We have the Rugged Ridge Black Headlight Bezels if you wanted to get some to bolt up, or you could always paint the ones that are on the rig already. Some poeple like plastidip because it's reversible. Let me know if you'd like a price on anything or if I can answer any questions for you!

-Ryan

·
Registered
407 Posts
i have a set of the rugged ridge as well as the black grille inserts. I amm very pleased with them.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Painted mine Black when I did my JWSpeaker swap and the MetalCrafter Grill...

Nice and Black (sinister)

Love it! The black just looks so much better with the jw's. Guess I'll just be painting mine. It's a shame there's not a beefier aftermarket option, the stock ones are incredibly flimsy.

·
Premium Member
16,872 Posts
Love it! The black just looks so much better with the jw's. Guess I'll just be painting mine. It's a shame there's not a beefier aftermarket option, the stock ones are incredibly flimsy.
Yes but, they get the job done (I suppose). You will like the look much better after you paint them.
Be careful with them they are flimsy as you mentioned.

·
6,005 Posts
The Rugged Ridge ones I linked to in post #10 seem to be pretty beefy. Let me know if you're interested in a price on them!

-Ryan

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
The Rugged Ridge ones I linked to in post #10 seem to be pretty beefy. Let me know if you're interested in a price on them!

-Ryan
Hey Ryan - those just stick to the grille with adhesive, right? By beefy we're referring to the rings that hold the headlights in place. Maybe you can nudge a vendor to develop one. :D

·
6,005 Posts
Hey Ryan - those just stick to the grille with adhesive, right? By beefy we're referring to the rings that hold the headlights in place. Maybe you can nudge a vendor to develop one. :D
You're correct! On the JK there isn't a trim piece around the headlights, just the metal ring that holds the headlight in place. On the JK there is a ring that holds the light and a "chrome" trim piece as well.

The part I linked to is just a trim piece and not structural. Are you looking for the thin ring that holds the light in place to be black? I'm always open to feedback to pass on to manufacturers!

-Ryan

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
You're correct! On the JK there isn't a trim piece around the headlights, just the metal ring that holds the headlight in place. On the JK there is a ring that holds the light and a "chrome" trim piece as well.

The part I linked to is just a trim piece and not structural. Are you looking for the thin ring that holds the light in place to be black? I'm always open to feedback to pass on to manufacturers!

-Ryan
Yep - that's the piece. I've removed my headlights probably half a dozen times in the past month and those rings are just flimsy and already corroding (JKU is just a few months old). I think an aftermarket ring with a little more rigidity and in various colors could be marketable.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts