Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first post on any forum so please be gentle. I have a 2012 JKU Altitude edition I've been enjoying for a few months now. I love the vehicle and where it can take me. But, I have to say, when it comes to the headlights, you may as well have two squirrels with a book of matches sitting on the hood. I thought the low beams were anemic until I hit the high beams. Any suggestions out there for replacements that cost a bit less than the entire National Debt like some of the LED systems I've seen recently? Apparently, the Altitude Edition has a cloaking device that makes it invisible to the animals in my area. I live in the mountains of Southwestern Colorado and have a lot of deer and elk that just cannot see the Jeep or are constantly attempting suicide by jumping in front of me.

Dave

·
Registered
283 Posts
Welcome to WF
That thread can be very confusing to navigate although it does have most if not all the info about lighting you could ever need.

Here are two ways to go.
The first is simple and very cost effective.
It is one of the brightest light bulbs you can put in the stock enclosure without a harness and relay set up.
Philips H13 9008 X-treme Power Headlight Bulb
Philips H13 9008 X-treme Power Headlight Bulb,Pack of 2 : Amazon.com : Automotive

This is more money but a huge change in lighting.
Susquehanna lighting
Susquehanna MotorSports - Auto Performance Product

I have the Philips in now and they are better than stock....but I do plan to install the Susquehanna lighting in the future.

·
Registered
157 Posts
My vote is for the truck-lites!

·
Registered
14,065 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.