Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an AFE Power axle back scorpion exhaust and as I’ve been trying to keep my quarantined self busy I heard a pressurized gurgling noise. I got under the jeep and at both connection points there is a small amount of black liquid bubbling out of the connection points. I’ve never heard this sound or thrown a code. Could this be due to the Jeep not running long enough to purge the water from the system or should I be concerned about leaks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I wouldn’t worry about it, it’s condensation mixed with exhaust soot...completely normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wouldn’t worry about it, it’s condensation mixed with exhaust soot...completely normal.

even if it’s Not leaking out of the tailpipe but out of the connections where the clamps are?

·
Registered
39 Posts
My opinion is that’s it’s better to get the moisture out, some factory mufflers even have a drain hole to let the condensation out. Now if you have a noticeable exhaust leak then try to correct it. Either way the system should be galvanized or stainless so it won’t rust even if you do patch it up.

·
Registered
129 Posts
its moisture mixed with the soot of exhaust. if you dont want it to leak then weld it! clamps arent a 100% seal on exhaust and never will be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts