Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered my 2012 JKUR friday. Id like to switch out the standard rubi moabs to the black moabs found on the arctix and cod limited editions as soon as I get it. Lift and real rims and tires will have to wait so the black moabs will work nicely for now. Im getting my jeep in black and i really like the look of the black moabs. COD is really nice, just not my cup of tea with all the mw3 badges and stuff. Does anyone know if mopar sells or plans to sell them? Id rather just sell my standard moabs and buy black ones. I want no part in painting them. Searching the web doesnt return much. Got 6-8 weeks of waiting, so trying to pass time.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
I just ordered my 2012 JKUR friday. Id like to switch out the standard rubi moabs to the black moabs found on the arctix and cod limited editions as soon as I get it. Lift and real rims and tires will have to wait so the black moabs will work nicely for now. Im getting my jeep in black and i really like the look of the black moabs. COD is really nice, just not my cup of tea with all the mw3 badges and stuff. Does anyone know if mopar sells or plans to sell them? Id rather just sell my standard moabs and buy black ones. I want no part in painting them. Searching the web doesnt return much. Got 6-8 weeks of waiting, so trying to pass time.
Check the price in the link first. Might wanna re-think things. This is the gray version.

Looking for Moab in Mineral Grey

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ouch. And that price is on gray moabs. I can only imagine for black moabs. I did see the black mambas. Anyone with feedback on how they look compared to stock black wheels? More importantly, hows the durability on the mambas. I hate how aftermarket wheels start pitting and corroding after 6 months.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Ouch. And that price is on gray moabs. I can only imagine for black moabs. I did see the black mambas. Anyone with feedback on how they look compared to stock black wheels? More importantly, hows the durability on the mambas. I hate how aftermarket wheels start pitting and corroding after 6 months.
Your best bet is probably to contact Discount Tire Direct (DTD...they're a forum vendor) via PM or phone call, and see what they advise. They're very good about telling members what'll fit and what won't, and what tire/rim combos will work. They'll also match any price you find...

Really can't go wrong with em, IMO.

In the meantime, here's a thread I dug up on the Mambas:

Mamba (MR-1) Wheels vs Stock Moabs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts