Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I this is my first jeep I have had it about a month and I am looking at changing the rims to black and getting a thicker more off road tire. My question is does anyone have any good suggestions and if so where to buy it at a reasonable price? Is there anywhere to sell the rims and tires I have and will the thicker off road perform worse on the street with mileage and wear
Thank you
David

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
it will depend on the type of tire/weight. anywhere from 0-5mpg loss guesstimate. There are too many variables to play with...gears, hardtop/soft top, 4 dr/2dr, upgraded bumpers, etc.

There's also steel vs aluminum wheels. Look into discount tire direct. They are one of our many vendors...they can get you great deals in what your looking for.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I ran MB72's on my YJ for a bit 17x9 were 110$ each from discount tire. Also added a set of 37 12.50 GY MT/R's with Kevlar....worst tire ive put on my YJ

Also there is Interco Birddog wheels there abit more at $200 a wheel but i like the look better. They have them in a 17x9 for you JK people.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts