Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2006 Rubicon, and i have looked everywhere for a set of black rims. as of now i have the stock aluminum rims with 245 /75 /16 on it. anyone know where to get black steel rims that will fit these tires.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Paint 'em and save the money for other stuff! New rims = $400 - $1000+

A can of Rustoleum Black Bed Liner $8.00

Just pull the wheels, sand, tape off the tires and the valve stem, a little primer, and hit it with several light coats of the bed liner to cover.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I would prefer leaving the stock wheels as they are. I am not a fan of black wheels but that is just me.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Look for Cragar Soft 8. They are pretty popular for Jeeps and are fairly inexpensive. Another similar wheel in the same price range is from discounttiredirect.com called unique 297 and is a little cheaper and includes the center caps.

·
Registered
33,540 Posts
I only paid $350 for all 5 of mine after on line coupon code shipped to the front door from JcWhitney. I dropped down to 15X8 because the tires are cheaper. They are ION 174 series.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Just bought a 2006 Rubicon, and i have looked everywhere for a set of black rims. as of now i have the stock aluminum rims with 245 /75 /16 on it. anyone know where to get black steel rims that will fit these tires.
Don't ruin a nice set of Moabs by painting them. Buy a set of soft 8's like everybody else runs and sell the Moabs. You could also get Smittybilt bumpers and join that club too!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts