Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to start shopping for black wheels for my 2012 Rubicon Unlimited. I will be installing a 3.5" lift and I know I am leaning towards 35" Goodyear Duratrac's. I am not sure what wheel size, backspacing or brand yet. I am open to suggestions. I know I don't want a all black wheel, so some chrome accents would be nice. Just a touch.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Well, you have a ton of options. As for wheel specs, I think a 9 inch wide wheel with 4.5 inches of backspacing looks perfect on JK's (that's what I have). Whether you want 16, 17, 18 or 20 inch wheels is just personal preference. Larger diameters are currently in style, but most Jeep owners tend to prefer smaller. Personally, I wouldn't go larger than a 20 inch wheel with a 35 inch tire. If you decide you want Duratracs, be sure to take their available sizes into account.

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
River Hill said:
Time to start shopping for black wheels for my 2012 Rubicon Unlimited. I will be installing a 3.5" lift and I know I am leaning towards 35" Goodyear Duratrac's. I am not sure what wheel size, backspacing or brand yet. I am open to suggestions. I know I don't want a all black wheel, so some chrome accents would be nice. Just a touch.
:thumb: I agree with not wanting an all black wheel... I love the look of a black/chrome wheel better IMO

Too many people go all black-needs some
contrast like these---

Attachments

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
I am startig to think I should have done 35's with a 2" lift, but it's too late now. The Duratracs are the same price for 33's or 35's.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Price was a major factor for me when I found these 17X9 black wheels. They have little polish but mostly black. I actually paid less for 5 of these with tires than 5 18" tires would have cost me locally.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Am on my iPad so haven't figured out how to post pics on the message, but click on my profile and go to my profile gallery and blow up the photos. Love my new wheels. Mickey Thompson Classic II blacks mounted on 35" Mickey MTZs. The wheels are 17" with 4.5 backspace. The tires are 35x12.5R17. 3" TeraFlex suspension lift.....among other things.

Happy hunting!

:thumb:

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
mgerken1 said:
Am on my iPad so haven't figured out how to post pics on the message, but click on my profile and go to my profile gallery and blow up the photos. Love my new wheels. Mickey Thompson Classic II blacks mounted on 35" Mickey MTZs. The wheels are 17" with 4.5 backspace. The tires are 35x12.5R17. 3" TeraFlex suspension lift.....among other things.

Happy hunting!

Can you see pics with the iPad? I can't

Oh- check this out (if u can)

It mounts to the passenger seat bolt on the jeep. Perfect viewing angle, got a long bendable base :)

Attachments

·
Registered
276 Posts
Can you see pics with the iPad? I can't

Oh- check this out (if u can)

It mounts to the passenger seat bolt on the jeep. Perfect viewing angle, got a long bendable base :)
Wow that is cool. I can see pics, but when ever I click the attach files using my IPad the browse feature is inactive I guess because my pics are in my iPad photo album and these things don't technically have hard drive where the file stored.

Sucks.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I am leaning towards the Fuel Off road hostage or the REV Crushers

·
Registered
57 Posts
:thumb: I agree with not wanting an all black wheel... I love the look of a black/chrome wheel better IMO

Too many people go all black-needs some
contrast like these---
+1, especially on a black Jeep. Too much bling, and it looks like a Harley. A little splash, though...

·
Registered
1,043 Posts

Happy hunting!

X2. They are all black, but they are great looking wheels.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts