Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to decide which to go with. I own a 2015 jk 2 door wyllis with stock black 17x7.5 wheels. I like the look of the quadratec gun metal 17x8.5 moab wheels also. Im lifting my jeep 2.5 inches and adding 35s. The stock wheels will require spacers. Which would look better in your honest opinion? My jeep is black.
Wheel Automotive tire Alloy wheel Vehicle Automotive design

Wheel Automotive tire Tire Hubcap Alloy wheel

·
Super Moderator
2006 TJ Rubicon, 4.0, automatic
3,202 Posts
That depends on if you like the blacked out look. I personally prefer the blacked out look and when I change my wheels and tires am going to black wheels.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That depends on if you like the blacked out look. I personally prefer the blacked out look and when I change my wheels and tires am going to black wheels.
The blacked out look is a little played in my own opinion but keeping the black wheels helps the jeep stay as original as possible. The spacers and narrow size is one concern

·
Super Moderator
3,202 Posts
I just have an old school mindset. You have nothing to apologize for, everyone is entitled to their opinions. Spacers are a different story, I have no experience with them, but you will find people on both sides of that particular fence here.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just have an old school mindset. You have nothing to apologize for, everyone is entitled to their opinions. Spacers are a different story, I have no experience with them, but you will find people on both sides of that particular fence here.
I do too! Im old school and like to keep things simple. Thats why I like oem looking wheels. Im not into the fancy wheels or anything above 18 inches. I appreciate your input

·
Super Moderator
3,202 Posts
I have a wheel/tire shop down the road from my house and I go by it quite often. They have two JKs there daily, and I hurt so bad when I see them. They are sitting on something like 22” (or bigger) bright red rims and low profile tires.
I prefer the subtle things when it comes to my vehicles. My rubi is black, so my wheels will be black, and most things that I do will be subdued.

·
Registered
04 lj with GRTOPS half cab conversion 05 rocky mountain 06 rubicon with banks sidewinder turbo
1,434 Posts
I have a wheel/tire shop down the road from my house and I go by it quite often. They have two JKs there daily, and I hurt so bad when I see them. They are sitting on something like 22” (or bigger) bright red rims and low profile tires.
I prefer the subtle things when it comes to my vehicles. My rubi is black, so my wheels will be black, and most things that I do will be subdued.
sgt USMC look at old crows wheels

·
Registered
04 lj with GRTOPS half cab conversion 05 rocky mountain 06 rubicon with banks sidewinder turbo
1,434 Posts
i don't know how to post pictures i don't have a smart phone just an old motorola Quantico flip phone i could text you a picture

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i have the moab wheels on all my jeeps if you want to see the torque thrust wheels look at old crow's profile
Yeah some people can really mess up a nice jeep. Dont get me wrong there are different likes for people but some are over done

1 - 20 of 105 Posts