Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok gang, my blk 2015 4 door came with a chrome grill, chrome capped mirrors/nerf bars and gas tank door....does anyone have pictures of what this will look like if I paint them with spray Bedliner? My fear is that between the black Paint on the body, the fenders, and then the spray Bedliner will be too many shades of black..thanks in advance

·
Retired Moderator
100,678 Posts
:welcome: to the Forum..:wavey:

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
You might find a home for the shiny accessories on craigslist, which will fund non-chromed replacement parts (sometimes also available on craigslist).

·
Registered
932 Posts
Stock mirrors and fenders aren’t painted, they’re textured black plastic so I don’t think spray on bedliner would be any different than a black Jeep with the stock pieces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
932 Posts
Stock mirrors and fenders aren’t painted, they’re textured black plastic so I don’t think spray on bedliner would be any different than a black Jeep with the stock pieces.

Realized you’re saying that your fenders aren’t painted so you would be adding a third texture/color of black. I would say paint everything and see what it looks like. If you’re unhappy with it, you can either bedline the fenders or start looking for standard black replacement parts. I picked up a factory grill for $20, and factory style mirrors for $100, so you’re not going to break the bank replacing the parts if that’s the final outcome, but I think you will be fine bedlining over the chrome.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes that’s exactly what I was referencing, will post pics of progress....I can’t stand all the chrome lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts