Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does a home know who makes these wheels ? Definitely looking to price them out

image-3630152347.jpg

·
Registered
539 Posts
Yep those are the original KMC XD Rockstars. They have a newer Rockstar II available that looks much better than the original and is easier to customize.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great thanks for the info ! You know about what they would run me for 5?

·
Registered
539 Posts
I bought a set of (5) 18x9 Rockstar IIs from 4wheelonline for $1034. They are going on my Altitude when she arrives in the next couple of days.

KMC XD Rockstar II.jpg

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I love those, I'm about to do the same!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have the originals, they are awesome. But I'd like to switch out the center caps, don't like the long bolts you have to put in.

Anyone know if there are a smaller bolt version, hoping this makes sense, hard to explain.

Edit:

quick ebay search says there are 1 inch post style versions. If anyone needs that info, there it is.

Ryan

·
Registered
372 Posts
Saw some customized rigs at the dealership recently. They had the Rockstar II's on them. They do look better than the originals in my opinion.... BUT...

...most of the detail/trim pieces are thin plastic. I could easily bend it with my hand. Durability on these may prove to be an issue in the future.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'm in love with the look of the Rockstar II wheels and am itching to buy them. Unfortunately, I know nothing about how wheel size correlates to tires so I'm wondering if anyone would care to lend some advice. I currently run stock 17" wheels, no lift and don't intend to lift. I'd like to stay with a tire as close to stock as possible so I don't void my warranty, have to get a new spare tire carrier, etc. What size Rockstar II wheels and tires should I be looking into to stay close to stock? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I'm in love with the look of the Rockstar II wheels and am itching to buy them. Unfortunately, I know nothing about how wheel size correlates to tires so I'm wondering if anyone would care to lend some advice. I currently run stock 17" wheels, no lift and don't intend to lift. I'd like to stay with a tire as close to stock as possible so I don't void my warranty, have to get a new spare tire carrier, etc. What size Rockstar II wheels and tires should I be looking into to stay close to stock? Thanks in advance!
I believe your stock rim is 17x7.5 with 6.25 back space.

A similar rim would would allow the use of the same tires.

After looking at the available sizes for the RockStar 2, if you want to stay as close to stock as possible, then go with this size:

17" x 8 +10mm offset

(they will stick out slightly further than the OEM wheels do but should still fit under the fenders)

·
Registered
1,648 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Durability for the average mall crawler or avid off roader? Cause I don't have a ton of off road opportunities here in CT

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1 - 15 of 15 Posts