Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was going to black out the tail lights. Yes or no? What should I use and how to do it?

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Personal preference, I like it though. I used Nightshade paint by VHT to do mine. Just a few light coats. Lights are a little dimmer at night but i think it's fine. I'd probably do it a bit lighter if I did it again. I did my brakes, side markers, and front signal lights.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Stay away from GTS, i ordered a set for my TJ and they arrived with one darker than the other and they impact the strenth of your lights more than i expected so there basicaly only for off road use, but this was a headlight set i never tried with the tail lights. But for me personally if i did the tail lights i would have to do SOMETHING with the headlights as well

But if you find somethin good and it works out for ya post a pic or let me kno cuz im still interested in them even after the GTS experience.

·
Really liking the Jeep...
1,956 Posts
Unsafe at best.

Deadly jackassery at worst.

You did ask.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Motorbreath said:
Personal preference, I like it though. I used Nightshade paint by VHT to do mine. Just a few light coats. Lights are a little dimmer at night but i think it's fine. I'd probably do it a bit lighter if I did it again. I did my brakes, side markers, and front signal lights.
Yeah I like the tail lights. I already side markers black. How many costs would you use?

·
Registered
94 Posts
G3RM said:
Yeah I like the tail lights. I already side markers black. How many costs would you use?
2 coats tops...3 is too dark. 1 coat might even be fine. It's your jeep do what you want. Personally I don't give 2 craps what the naysayers think. I love the way it looks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
go to autoparts and get taillight tinter. it woeds great. Sand it down for shiny or wash and spray for a flat black. Be sure to hold the can back a good ways or they will get to dark. That is what i used and love them. Mine are flat black and i did my friends chevy but sanded them to make them shiney and they match his factory tinted tail lights.(we did his headlights. :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
IN most cases they will be illegal. They essentially make you brake lights less effective. Some one could rearend you and tryand blame your lighting.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Can you post pics of shiny vs. flat black? And yeah they will be legal up to a certain darkness. But that is a very good point

1 - 20 of 179 Posts