Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am newer to wheeling in the Montana area having moved up from Colorado and am considering a run on to the Blacktail/Wild Bill Trail on one of the next two weekends. Any recommendations for folks on this trail?

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
I have run it 2X and it is definitely same stuff over and over. There are few man made obstacles ie big tires and cement blocks that you can play on but overall mostly just one kelly hump after another.

Not sure where you live but there is much better wheeling around phillipsburg area. I just did Fisher lake yesterday and that is fun and more scenic than wild bill. Has a few challenging spots. If you do not have Willie Worthies 4x4 routes of western montana you might pick it up. Grizzly Gulch Publications LLC - Home he is a good friend of mine and has this book and another montana trail book out.

Willie is headed out this weekend to do some trails and going to be some tougher stuff. contact him via the link and he is good about letting people tag along as long as they have vehicles that are not going to break down before they hit the trail :)

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We live in Post Falls, ID. Everything is new to us up here, so hitting up Blacktail once will be on a to-do list.

Wife says we are going west this weekend, so we will explore the Cascades for an overnight or two. A couple weekends ago we ran south towards St. Maries/Palouse and found lots of remote logging trails, but nothing of any challenge. Good for the expedition in me, not so good for flexing out the new ride.

I'll put those areas and book on my want list and hopefully get out wheeling with some folks soon enough. For now, it is just my twin boys holding us up.

Thanks for the info!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts