Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went hunting south of Alamosa this weekend and on the way back decided to hit Blanca Peak Trail. I've wanted to do this trail for a long time and figured since I was in the area I would give it a shot. The trail is still in great condition if anyone still plans to go anytime soon.

*Disclaimer* Yes, I wheeled with no other vehicles. No it wasn't smart. But yes I conquered the trail. I took a risk and was willing to walk if need be.

Now on to the pics:thumb:

Airing Down

Up Jaws 2

Jaws 3 or 4 (I lost count of them)

At the top (I felt like I earned a poser shot)

Coming down Jaws 4 (yep, another poser shot)

God's Country

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just re-read the "trail-damage" description and was off on my descriptions. 3rd, and 5th pics are Jaws 2.5.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Sick Pics! Your Jeep is looking awesome. :thumb:

Next time take a friend just in case :D

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Great stuff here!! I think you earned those poser shots as well...lol I just can't believe this Colorado weather right now which helps outings such as yours. Supposed to even be in the low 70's here this week, crazy stuff.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Yeah I'm currently on the road to Craig Colorado and am almost to steamboat springs and there's hardly any snow on the ground.

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Justin04Lj said:
Yeah I'm currently on the road to Craig Colorado and am almost to steamboat springs and there's hardly any snow on the ground.
I hate it it's retarded it's suppose to be 30 degrees out and snowing.

·
Whiskey for my men...
4,100 Posts
Well I certainly am in no position to point fingers at someone doing solo shit :facepalm: Glad you made it ok and had fun. Man, that trail looks like fun :thumb:

·
Registered
5,352 Posts
that trail is on my list. I plan on hitting sometime in June

·
Registered
83 Posts
awesome! yes there is some risk involved, but if you are prepared to accept that a solo day out with your rig is really really nice.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oldguy said:
Well I certainly am in no position to point fingers at someone doing solo shit :facepalm: Glad you made it ok and had fun. Man, that trail looks like fun :thumb:
Yea, we had several times where we thought this was a stupid idea, we'd keep saying alright we'll do this obstacle then just take at peek further up the trail. We did that the whole way.

It really is a badass trail, one of my favorites but also the scariest. The obstacles are challenging, but in several locations the consequences for a bad line or a lapse in concentration can prove extremely dangerous. We took a very long time planning our lines for this one.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Be sure to let me know when... :D
Not sure if I should be saying this with my sweet little Jeep..........., But God, I love the mountains no matter how I get there. Please let me know. I know I want to go as often as there is a Friday or Saturday of the month.

Thinking about you Ed. I hope life is treating you well. Just something about you I jive with. :redface:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts