Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dumb as it may sound, how do I remove the the short air duct on the left side of the air box just above where your right leg rests. Getting this thing out would make changing this actuator simple but mine is solid as a rock. Since I'm dealing with a pinched nerve in my neck I can't get into a position to see what I need to. The actuator is out and I have a new one ready to go back in. Usually you merely squeeze the duct together and it releases but I can't see that working here. Help an old dude out. Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just replaced the blend door actuator on my 2012 JKU last weekend. After some persistent wiggling and pulling, I was able to get the air duct off. Mine wasn't glued in. It just snaps to the air box. After examining the duct once I took it out, you should be able to squeeze the duct together to release it from the air box.

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response Scott. This confirms what I thought I remembered but still this one won't budge. This is not the first of these I've done but it's been a while. Got tired of trying to get the duct out and decided to try to put the new part in with the damn thing still in there. Believe it or not, I finally got the thing to feel like it went in place. Didn't figure there was any way in the world I would get that pin in the slot but after getting a mirror and light in just the right place I could see it had magically fallen into place. I put the 2 screws in place and tested it to find it worked like a champ. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.:happyyes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts